Essential Documentary Thread

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
thats kinda sad, black peoples spirit has been grinded down to dust. Its like we're brainwashed, either to be ignorant to the war thats going on against or to just not care at all.

these kinda responses are the usual when any black persons confronted with knowledge, we go into colonialism mode. "maybe you should focus on other aspects of life" "this aint true" "conspiracy theory" "white man aint like that no more"

refer to my sig for further reference

Are you assuming that my spirit has been ground down to dust or those in the documentary?

Just saying, they all sound defeated, defeatist and fatalistic in that documentary.

Nothing new was revealed in that documentary's part 1 at least. It wasn't even a fresh view on the Diaspora.

Just more defeat.

The type of content white reporters at the New York Times love to publish a five-part series on.

That's why I made the initial post.

But I feel you, tho. Either way good reply.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you assuming that my spirit has been ground down to dust or those in the documentary?

Just saying, they all sound defeated, defeatist and fatalistic in that documentary.

Nothing new was revealed in that documentary's part 1 at least. It wasn't even a fresh view on the Diaspora.

Just more defeat.

The type of content white reporters at the New York Times love to publish a five-part series on.

That's why I made the initial post.

But I feel you, tho. Either way good reply.

I just watched the first 15mins to recap

I'm assuming your spirit has been grinded down to dust, if you don't know where you been... you most certainly won't know where you are going.

We as black people gotta be ready to face the harsh truths.... We are a joke as a people, we don't own shyt, we have been defeated thus far. Every other race laughs and looks down upon us because we're so irrelevant.

This is the harsh truths, the sooner we face this the sooner we can move on.

If the people in the documentary represent defeated, defeatist and fatalistic views, what the fukk do these rappers. basketball players that 95% of black youths worship represent?

I respect you views whole heartedly, what exalts me might humble you n visa versa. I just hope you come to your senses n take time to watch this documentary. The general tone changes alot through out trust me.

Hotep my brother

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I just watched the first 15mins to recap

I'm assuming your spirit has been grinded down to dust, if you don't know where you been... you most certainly won't know where you are going.

We as black people gotta be ready to face the harsh truths.... We are a joke as a people, we don't own shyt, we have been defeated thus far. Every other race laughs and looks down upon us because we're so irrelevant.

This is the harsh truths, the sooner we face this the sooner we can move on.

If the people in the documentary represent defeated, defeatist and fatalistic views, what the fukk do these rappers. basketball players that 95% of black youths worship represent?

I respect you views whole heartedly, what exalts me might humble you n visa versa. I just hope you come to your senses n take time to watch this documentary. The general tone changes alot through out trust me.

Hotep my brother

I've viewed these kinda docs so much, tho.

Glad you're exalted by it. Maybe if I watched the rest, I would be. But I don't need to. I'm good.

And as for the rapper/ballplayer comparison, not saying they're any worse or better.

But I'm glad you're cultivating an awareness of self. And your input has been appreciated.

Stay up!

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
First 60 seconds will get you hooked. please don't sleep on this, I'd have to say its better than hidden colours.

my minds blown already, only 15mins in

21:15 secs.... damnnnnnn

Documentary: The Façade of the American Dream P1 - YouTube

Documentary: The Façade of the American Dream 2 - YouTube

Saw the documentary. It dropped a lot of gems. A lot that im well aware of. But every black person should watch it. I dont think its better than hidden colours. To each its own. shyt was really good and truthful though.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw the documentary. It dropped a lot of gems. A lot that im well aware of. But every black person should watch it. I dont think its better than hidden colours. To each its own. shyt was really good and truthful though.

No doubt my brother

I just feel Hidden Colors has lot of "undertones"

All love to Brother Uma, Im gonna see him in a couple weeks times. But I just dont trust the guy at all

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
No doubt my brother

I just feel Hidden Colors has lot of "undertones"

All love to Brother Uma, Im gonna see him in a couple weeks times. But I just dont trust the guy at all

Are u talking about umar johnson? And wat undertones? They were comin at the white establishment pretty hard. I got no prob with that lol. Im not racist though.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are u talking about umar johnson? And wat undertones? They were comin at the white establishment pretty hard. I got no prob with that lol. Im not racist though.

Yeah man, I don't believe you should put a price on knowledge :aicmon:

This is a business to him

I felt HC was slapstick and very light hearted at times, It almost thrived in the stereotype of Afrocentrism

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
First 60 seconds will get you hooked. please don't sleep on this, I'd have to say its better than hidden colours.

my minds blown already, only 15mins in

21:15 secs.... damnnnnnn

Documentary: The Façade of the American Dream P1 - YouTube

Documentary: The Façade of the American Dream 2 - YouTube

watched the videos and they are informative

the 10 minutes of the 2nd video was also interesting...

they also discussed how:

how a professor wanted to teach prisoner how to read and they said teaching prisoners who to read would be contraband.

HC 1 & 2 are on a league of its own, and what the videos (in addition to the American Dream documentary) stand for similar missions

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Yeah man, I don't believe you should put a price on knowledge :aicmon:

This is a business to him

I felt HC was slapstick and very light hearted at times, It almost thrived in the stereotype of Afrocentrism

I see wat u sayin. Im 50/50 on the pricing though. U can spend that $30 at red lobster with ya girl quicker then buying HC. They touch on a variety of topics though. And ya know tariq nasheed ex produced it. So he probably put the money into it. Ya know he about his money lol. Umar johnson just tryna get money to build schools for us blacks.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure if this has been posted but "The Untold History of the So Called Black Man"

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGFNk55HhaI[/ame]

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I recently saw the best film/doc this year..

The act of killing.
The Act of Killing (2012) - IMDb
A documentary that challenges former Indonesian death squad leaders to reenact their real-life mass-killings in whichever cinematic genres they wish, including classic Hollywood crime scenarios and lavish musical numbers.

10/10
I tried to watch this late last night high as fukk, I turned it off within 10 min :to: when that dude called that little kid ugly and everyone laughed... :sadbron: and I'm sure that's only the beginning of a lot of :to:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

tocry.png