Do your kids think you are a cool parent?

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
my parents both think the are cool and i can tell you from personal experience that they are not at all. parents just aren't gonna be "in touch" with what is cool to a 18 year old, its bound to happen to everyone.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
no,both of my kids say im mean but fukk it they lil asses dont listen :manny:

cool parents usually = shytty parents IMO

i always hear kids say they parents are cool when they do dumb shyt like let their teenage daughter spend a night over her boyfriends hose or letting they 12 year old son and his friends smoke weed in the house or just let their child roam freely and do whatever they want

I remember as a kid, I told my moms whenever I had kids, I'd let them call me by my first name, have candy for dinner, and all types of other foolishness.

now that I think about that :rudy:

tonyclifton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
only 4 and 1 and half so right now im cool. almost to a fault though.

but i was hanging with 13-17 year old cousins at a family gathering(im 25) and i was already starting to feel:flabbynsick:
talkin about all this music i feel sucks. tried telling them that bone thugs,2pac and whatnot were better and they were like :beli:

so by the time my kids are that age ill get the :aicmon::snoop: whenever i try to act cool

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
only 4 and 1 and half so right now im cool. almost to a fault though.

but i was hanging with 13-17 year old cousins at a family gathering(im 25) and i was already starting to feel:flabbynsick:
talkin about all this music i feel sucks. tried telling them about bone thugs,2pac and whatnot were better and they were like

so by the time my kids are that age ill get the :aicmon::snoop: whenever i try to act cool

everytime i put on a pair of Jays or Vans, my sons are like :upsetfavre::snoop:. when i pull up to pick them up from a movie or something and i'm playing ASAP Rocky or Kendrick Lamar in the car, their friends look at me like :gladbron::myman: while my own sons are looking like :wtf:

it's actually funny to me. i'm not even "acting cool". i'm just being me. they won't get it until they have kids. they are just like the nikkas on here that think everyone past the age of 25 is :flabbynsick: wait until you get there...:smugfavre:

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
My babies think i'm the best thing walking this earth. I know it wont last forever so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i have a 15 year old, and trust me....you will get the :comeon: face. my pops told me that it would happen. i didn't believe him :sadcam:

When he gets older i could less if he thinks im lame as long as he respects what i do for him.

On a sidenote do u still give your kids whoopins?

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
no kids think their parents are cool...until they aren't kids anymore and they learn to appreciate what their parents did

Exactly, part of becoming an adult is learning to appreciate the tribulations of parenthood. I thought my mom was a hateful tyrant till I hit adolescence, now I got nothing but love for her :obama:

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
I got a cousin who's 33 with 7 kids by 5 fathers:huhldup: who tries to be the cool parent. They cuss her ass out,smoke and sell weed,and call her by her first name. They stay out as long as they want plus they drink. None of them are old enough for high school:snoop: And her oldest child,a girl,just had a baby.

Makes me appreciate NaS' second verse in his song Daughters. nikkas need to take heed to that advice where he admitted his mistakes:ufdup:

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
When he gets older i could less if he thinks im lame as long as he respects what i do for him.

On a sidenote do u still give your kids whoopins?

nah. that stopped once they hit middle school. although my 12 year old has been asking for a good ol fashioned ass whoopin' lately.....and i might just bend my rules and let him have it....:madjames: