Do you think the best player in the world title is open?

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
It's hard to say who the best player in the world is

If you had the number 1 pick in the nba draft...are you drafting Luka number 1?

I mean you could make the case Victor is the best player in the world. He can give you 20 to 40 a game from as close to under the basket all the way to logo 3's, literally block 10 shots a game if a team is dumb enough to challenge him that many times, commands double and triple teams so everyone else around him will get open looks. If someone has the number 1 pick in an nba draft I don't see how you not picking Victor. Dude was out here hitting logo 3's and palming fade away jump shots out of other 7 footers hands. Aint another player in the world who could do that.

And yet he is 20, played on one of the worst teams in the league who didn't improve as a team with him playing (mostly because when he was on the bench they got smoked) and at 20 he still 6 to 8 years away from his prime. How could somebody be the best player in the world if they not even close to they prime yet? Or is it just that Victor is "impactful" where due to his defense he impacts the game in ways players like Luka and Jokic never could?
A draft today . Takin to account age/potential

#1 Luka
#2 wemb
#3 jokic

Rest toss up

Daps
Reppin
Denver
The only reason you would say that is because you're a Spurs fan who lacks all objectivity.
Yep. No way can you be the best player in the league on one of the worst teams. Doesn’t matter how bad your supporting cast is. Look at the team Jokic dragged to the 6 seed a couple years ago. Most of the rotation guys were washed out of the league the following year.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Honestly this won't be a real debate that will be had until Lebron officially retires.
Right now mainstream media still on his nuts cuz he hasn't retired and is playing like a top 10 player. Once he retires the media discussion will be in full swing about who is replacing king James.
It's unfortunate for whoever is actually the best player right now tho because if they aren't the best still when Lebron retires they won't get their flowers for actually being the best in this era when Lebron isn't actually the best anymore.
And this is coming from a Lebron fan.

I can see when Bron retires tho 2-3 years from now it seems it could be any of these guys Luka, Antman, Jokic, Maybe Tatum, Embiid if he can stay healthy and get to the finals. I think it'll most likely be Antman tho, his timing of coming in the league is impeccable for not living in Brons shadow in his prime, he's gotten pretty far in the playoffs very young and carries his team consistently.

I think Ja Morant and Zion had potential to be one of those guys in discussion too but they kinda missed their windows for one reason or another. Especially Zion.

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The way I see it, Luka struggled bad the first series, did a little better the next then balled out vs the Wolves. Luka still has some bad matchups and that's why having Kyrie was able to carry through many of them.

Jokic on the other hand doesn't really have bad matchups. Jokic through the last few seasons was finding interesting ways to win like Bird was doing because he was basically bored: score less than 10 points but maxing assists, weird triple doubles, etc.

I think there's a closer debate regarding which duo is better: Jokic/Murray vs Luka/Kyrie.

ItzDaKiing

Freedom
Daps
It's wild to say it ain't even close when Embiid was playing like the best player in the world until he got injured this year and Giannis was his same dominating self. At this point I don't think there is an undisputed best as all four of those are flat out beasts and dominate in different ways.
Embiid can’t get past the second round automatically disqualified. I’ll give you a healthy Giannis.

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
The way I see it, Luka struggled bad the first series, did a little better the next then balled out vs the Wolves. Luka still has some bad matchups and that's why having Kyrie was able to carry through many of them.

Jokic on the other hand doesn't really have bad matchups. Jokic through the last few seasons was finding interesting ways to win like Bird was doing because he was basically bored: score less than 10 points but maxing assists, weird triple doubles, etc.

I think there's a closer debate regarding which duo is better: Jokic/Murray vs Luka/Kyrie.
Kyrie ain't carried not one series lol. Luka been their best player all playoffs

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It’s still Jokic

The stats

The impact

The accomplishments

Three of the last four MVPs. A championship and Finals MVP.
It's definitely disputed
He has 3 of the last 4 MVPs that doesn't think I mean he deserved all of them
I thought Luka should've got MVP this year
Averaged a near 34PPG Triple Double
That was a a historic season