Do you think Sony or Microsoft would try and get GTAVI exclusivity?

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I suspect it will be micro-transaction heavy, so even a timed exclusive would cost them money in the long run. They're profits depend on install base so I think they'd pass on a exclusivity deal.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I doubt gta6 story mode will have the same pinache of storytelling like it used to have considering the housers and Leslie Benz all left,.. shyt I don't even think rockstar/take2 is even interested in gta6 solo player like that considering they can focus on the online section and get paid by mtx out the ass...:francis: take 2 ran the series into the ground literally...

The storytelling will probably take a hit but the Housers wanted the story to have a movie like feel. Benz was the main programmer for the studio.
I doubt gta6 story mode will have the same pinache of storytelling like it used to have considering the housers and Leslie Benz all left,.. shyt I don't even think rockstar/take2 is even interested in gta6 solo player like that considering they can focus on the online section and get paid by mtx out the ass...:francis: take 2 ran the series into the ground literally...

We can thank Take-two execs like Strauss Zelnick.

I bet Devon Weston in GTA V was based on him :lolbron:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Take two is selling 70 dollars games this gen and they are probably looking to make another billion in its first week like GTA5. I doubt microsoft or sony want to shell out for a timed exclusive (at best) for that price

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
RDR2 on PC was exclusive to the Epic store for a month. but it would take some big money to buy timed exclusivity on consoles, let alone full platform exclusivity

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Considering how massive the game is, whoever somehow manages to secure an exclusive even it’s for just a short period of time will possibly sell
Millions of extra consoles alone and will be worth it.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Microsoft did that. They’ve certainly got the money to pull it off. They might not be able to buy Take Two but they can certainly give them 100s of millions to make up the PS5 lost sales.
I don't think either would realistically come up with a price Take Two would accept that makes sense for all parties involved.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Sony can gain “exclusivity” by doing a VR GTAVI. Even if rockstar don’t want to do a break version, they can give the project to insomniac or another be developer to do it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think Sony can gain “exclusivity” by doing a VR GTAVI. Even if rockstar don’t want to do a break version, they can give the project to insomniac or another be developer to do it.
GTA online prints money for them. That and the last game sold an insane amount. Not really worth it. Hell they wouldn't even do the story DLC they initially promised for the game so you think they're doing a VR mode?