Do You Think Guys Creating Female Characters In MMO's Are Weirdos?

High Art

đź‘‘King of The Salonđź‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
I don't mind or care what someone else is doing in the these games most times, but I do think the whole "I don't want to look at a man's ass all day" is a weird and stupid excuse. It's like, you're staring at the back of their head at most and the rest of the game most times, not your character's ass, unless you have the camera angled up from the ground or just being a weirdo the entire time. Dudes come across as compensating hard when they use that excuse.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Usually female armor sets look better. In wow back in the day almost every female armor set looks 2 times better than the males.
However that was the game that made me stop picking female characters in games if there is a choice between male and female. ( Well mass effect also)
Eventually people would just treat you like a female if you had a female avatar in wow, which is understandable. But it's crazy the difference, it was a unintentional social experiment. Women got treat way kinda than male characters, as someone that had both at all levels it was a clear difference, dudes and women would help female characters and talk to them far more than male characters.

I started shifting away from making female characters in games with online options or multiplayer after that, and never really have looked back, unless the main male character is atrocious or the stats different I pick male characters 90 percent of the time now.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Never understood this logic.

Mass Effect, although not an MMO, had the female Shepard and is a much better voiced character than the male.

Some create a player games just doesn’t do black characters justice. Playing a female looks more real in those games.

Also I don’t “project” myself into the environment. Those who do are the actual weirdos. It’s just a game. Once it’s over I’m back in reality.
Immersing yourself into the game isn't weird, as long as you don't take it out of the game. I don't create female characters because I can't and don't imagine myself interacting with people as a woman. If I'm playing a game with a female main character, it takes my perspective back to the third person, almost like watching a movie vs "what would I do in these situations"

Immersing yourself is the point of RPGs, same as reading a book. If you don't visualize the text, how the fukk are you going to finish the book, shyt would be boring as hell :dead:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No? It's not that deep.

Whenever I make swordsman and archers in games I make them males. Whenever I make assassins or wizards, I make them females. It's just a thing. If you feel like ya manhood in question cause of it then you might be tryna compensate?

This is the most suspect thing I've ever read on the interent

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
The truth; I wanna look at a woman. :yeshrug:

Mass Effect, although not an MMO, had the female Shepard and is a much better voiced character than the male.
Why is this ya'll justification with every game? People say the same about Cyberpunk and Assassin's Creed Odyssey like it's an objective fact. :dead:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
There are cases like in Fire Emblem where Female Mc's like in Three Houses where using the female MC is optimally better due to having access to the Pegasus Knight class.

Games where everything is equal I do agree it is weird. Since in those games usually you are in the MC shoes. Sure in pokemon that doesn't mean much. But in games with romance it can be really really weird.

The quality of voice acting could be another reason, but similar to JP audio in JRPG's shouldn't be THE reason to replay the game.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
The truth; I wanna look at a woman. :yeshrug:

Why is this ya'll justification with every game? People say the same about Cyberpunk and Assassin's Creed Odyssey like it's an objective fact. :dead:P
Jennifer Hale brought emotion to Shepard.
The male Shepard voice was just bleh…very bland….and that opinion is pretty much universal in the Mass Effect community

Last edited:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Only if you’re a type of dude who complains about masculinity being gone and how wokism is bad

But you’re picking a female character in video games and dressing her up like a doll and you have a little anime girl as a pfp on twitter, you’re basically trans. It’s almost the same as playing with dolls

Now if you’re playing a female because of hurtbox/hit box advantage, frame advantage and “waifu wovement” because you just wanna win by any means necessary it’s different