Do You Think FF16 Will Be A Sales Flop?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
I'm hoping this game does well because I'm digging the more action-focused combat but i'm not seeing the hype & anticipation for this game like other FF's (even 15 which was divisive but still had a lot of hype and interest) :jbhmm:

FF16 just seems to be flying under the radar for a lot of people... :patrice:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Don’t think it will flop, but sqaure been having trouble moving games.

Releasing for $70 on one platform, it’ll be hard for them to sell lots of copies.

Sony stan’s gotta save square enix

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I'm hoping this game does well because I'm digging the more action-focused combat but i'm not seeing the hype & anticipation for this game like other FF's (even 15 which was divisive but still had a lot of hype and interest) :jbhmm:

FF16 just seems to be flying under the radar for a lot of people... :patrice:

:mjpls:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Nah it won't flop. They picked the best possible time to put it out under the best possible circumstances. So its really just a matter of quality. But the franchise should have been rebooted by now, it should be a lot bigger than it is as a household name. Final Fantasy 14 & 15 being unfinished did a number on the series and seems like Square is afraid of increasing budgets. Sony kept the lights on in the building for this one.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Final Fantasy VII Remake sold over 3.5 million copies worldwide within three days.[147] This made it one of the biggest launches for a PlayStation 4 game and the fastest-selling PS4 exclusive, surpassing the launch sales of Marvel's Spider-Man (3.3 million; 2018) and God of War (3.1 million; 2018).[148][149] By August 2020, that figure had increased to over 5 million on PS4.[150]

In Japan, Final Fantasy VII Remake sold over a million copies during its first week,[151][152] with the game sold out in many stores.[153]

In North America, Remake was the top-selling game of April 2020 and the third best-selling game of 2020, behind Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) and Animal Crossing: New Horizons (2020). It became the fastest-selling Final Fantasy title in the franchise's history, surpassing the launch record previously set by Final Fantasy XV (2016),[154] and was the most downloaded PlayStation 4 game of April 2020 in the United States.[155]

I think it'll be fine. FFVII Remake probably has sold over 10 million if I were to guess since 2020 including Intergrade for PS5.

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Not to you but to square

Square went no nikkas on this game and the developers doubled down on it when pressed by white media members… that’s all
Though there excuse as to why there were no black people in game was factually incorrect, I find it odd to see people complain about an Asian company not putting in black characters in their game... When they didn't seem to even put any of their own in the game :mjlol:

If they not even taking care of themselves, why tf would you expect them to cater to you? :russ:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Though there excuse as to why there were no black people in game was factually incorrect, I find it odd to see people complain about an Asian company not putting in black characters in their game... When they didn't seem to even put any of their own in the game :mjlol:

If they not even taking care of themselves, why tf would you expect them to cater to you? :russ:

one of those chicks in that game looks straight Japanese :dead: