Do you have empathy for fat people or you hate them? I feel like saying “you can change all this!!” 🗣️

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Definitely empathy, a lot of people especially Black people were raised with poor eating and exercise habits. And the older you get the harder it is to break the cycle. I'm very thankful my Dad especially stressed the importance of staying active/exercising. I did have to learn how to eat properly on my own.
America in general it's very hard if you don't have the means. It's way more expensive to eat healthy than not. They basically give away Hamburgers, pizza and spare rib tips in the hood meanwhile a nice poke bowl is way more expensive and probably out of the way. The healthy diet game is rigged against poor people. So I feel bad for them not any malice.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I feel bad for them because I literally cannot relate. Even when I feel like I've put on too much weight, I'll start to cut my cals and add additional cardio to my routine. I understand how someone can allow themselves to get to that point, but I can't understand how they can stay there.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I have 2 levels.

I am empathetic to those who probably grew up with poor eating habits or issues related to food and just turned big. I often see them in the fast food line, self concious, always pulling their shirts away from their bottom and just look sad af as they walk out with bags of food that will only make them bigger.

They know they look like the size of 3 normal sized people at times, must be hard :to: They probably would be open to losing weight, but don't know where to start, no support, a lifetime of bad habits

but then you have

GettyImages-1137221177-1555341573-1000x894.jpg

:scust::scust::scust::scust::scust::scust::scust:

Those who dont give AF. Just eating eating eating. .....i'll end my rant there :scusthov:
raw with a sams card

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
No. I don't hate them or even dislike them. Everyone has a journey and not everyone is going to be disciplined enough to work out everyday, and/or watch their diets. A lot of them are just people who got caught out. Anyone that has put on a significant amount of weight knows that it's sneaky. You go months without really noticing anything...Yeah clothes are a bit tighter...Basic activities are becoming a bit harder, and then boom 8 months goes by and you're a totally different person. Some people are resilient and try to take back their lives...Others fall into the trap of thinking the transformation will take too long, and require more effort than their willing to expend. I only dislike overweight people on two occasions.

1. When they're mean, and rude. Years of other people's opinion weighing them down, and they become jaded, and lash out at everyone

2. When they're on some "If you're trying to lose weight, that's fatphobic"...That's just straight up crab in a barrel bullshyt where you want the other overweight people in your circle to continue compromisng their health because it makes you feel better.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
I used to be kinda fat like in my early mid dubs trying to adjust to my adult body. Biggest I was I think was 220. I’m skinny now so I know what it takes to lose weight and I know how one gets fat so yeah I hate fat people they usually smell and no one wants to sit next to them on the plane/bus/train. They are always hungry even though they’re huge but this is for like really fat if you’re just pudgy that’s ok you’re just American.