Do you guys still have major mall stores in your area?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Long story short. One of the major malls in the Detroit area is about close. And this mall was huge. I'm sure it's like this everywhere because of online shopping. So do you guys have major malls still? Or just strip malls?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Long story short. One of the major malls in the Detroit area is about close. And this mall was huge. I'm sure it's like this everywhere because of online shopping. So do you guys have major malls still? Or just strip malls?
Fairlane still open right? My mom was at Somerset recently lol.

I travel a lot for work and often peep malls for the walking/exercise and to eat right quick. Seems like they're doing better than they were a decade or so ago when it seemed like the concept of malls was outdated. I always see a lot of people there, including kids. Physical media is slowly regaining popularity too and with so many places like Best Buy disappearing it's easy to just head to the mall and cop a Blu Ray/vinyl/etc.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Fairlane still open right? My mom was at Somerset recently lol.

I travel a lot for work and often peep malls for the walking/exercise and to eat right quick. Seems like they're doing better than they were a decade or so ago when it seemed like the concept of malls was outdated. I always see a lot of people there, including kids. Physical media is slowly regaining popularity too and with so many places like Best Buy disappearing it's easy to just head to the mall and cop a Blu Ray/vinyl/etc.
Yep Fairlane still open but I haven't been out there since they closed the theatre. Still mad about that.

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
All the malls that were open in 2000 when I graduated highschool are still open today in 2024

Malls just close at 8 now instead of 9 due to COVID

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Near me in North Jersey. Livingston Mall is hanging on by a thread. Jersey Gardens is basically a collection of outlet stores, an Applebees a GameStop. Short Hills is still going strong but it's basically a mall for upper middle class and rich people.