Do You Guys Remember How You Felt When You First Played Halo 1?

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
When you touch down on the planet and the music fades away all you hear are your footsteps and the waterfall and you see the covenant dropships ship fly off :wow:

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
I'll never forget when that shyt dropped. We downloaded a Gamespy Arcade app and it let you play 4 v 4 online through making the system think it was a local lan match.My first experience with online console multiplayer. CTF at Blood Gultch :wow:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
the GOAT gaming feeling i ever had next to playing Goldeneye for the first time. CE is the greatest console shooter ever. Don't even waste ya time trying to argue with me...it's the goat, period.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
yep first day xbox came out i lined up in the morning skipped school and got xbox 360 with halo, i remember i was like wow damn the graphis, and then when i finally encountered the flood it was like right out of a movie.

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
mane i remember i was in middle school with that trial version for PC, my moms refused to buy me any systems at that time so i had to make do with that on the shytty dsl connection :ohlawd: played that trial for like 4-5 years :deadrose: but the online scene was poppin with mad clans and shyt, only map they let u play was blood gulch. was fun as hell, that halo 1 pistol is the goat weapon in any shooter :ahh:

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
the GOAT gaming feeling i ever had next to playing Goldeneye for the first time. CE is the greatest console shooter ever. Don't even waste ya time trying to argue with me...it's the goat, period.

I wont argue this.

but

call-of-duty-4.jpg

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Half Life
Quake series
Doom

:yeshrug:

I understand what Halo did for FPS on consoles though - esp Xbox . Just didn't get the "hype" personally coming from PC shooters.

I played all those games on PC too, but was pretty impressed by Halo. those early fps's had very simple gameplay. other than Half Life, they didn't have much of a story, and the mechanics were pretty much "walk around and shoot bad guys". Halo definitely stepped it up by making it more of a 'movie like experience' (for lack of a better explanation), plus added a lot of new mechanics like vehicles, friendly npc's, etc

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I wont argue this.
call-of-duty-4.jpg

nikka plz...

CE's mechanics, skill it took to be decent, maps and overall gameplay >>> COD4

there is literally no comparison between halo and cod...you're better off comparing it to battlefield or killzone.

I do understand the fun factor in COD...but CE also had that and more. If you need a perk to be a better player in a match then you're food in CE.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
nikka plz...

CE's mechanics, skill it took to be decent, maps and overall gameplay >>> COD4

there is literally no comparison between halo and cod...you're better off comparing it to battlefield or killzone.

I do understand the fun factor in COD...but CE also had that and more. If you need a perk to be a better player in a match then you're food in CE.

Halo 1 only had like 3 stand out boards. You better go pull of COD 4 maps before you start with that malarkey. And COD was just the evolution of CE. hell Halo 2 was superior.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yup, i was driven like 50 miles out to get an xbox, and I remember wanting to get the tony hawk games for xbox and my bro wanted to grab Halo, neither of us knew of it, but since I spent all my $ on the xbox we got halo cuz he was paying. I was hooked ever since the dude who woke you up died, I was like damn I just met this dude and he gone :to: