Do You Guys Remember How You Felt When You First Played Halo 1?

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
This was just coming out of the way older consoles like PS2 and Super Nintendo and all that
Then Xbox came out and we played Halo 1
I still remember watching the trailers and being like DAMNN I CANNOT WAITTT
Then finally I played it and I loved how the controls worked and loved the vehicles and the guns, story mode was awesome!
This is Halo 1, so before all the multiplayer ish, i'm talking Story Mode because there was no multiplayer yet at that time

I remember shooting at aliens and them dodging my bullets and I was like whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Though I much more prefer Gears of War now, my first impression of Gears of War 1 was WHOAAAAAAA
but Halo 1, being not as good as GOW1, Halo 1 was the first insane FPS that came out first

Still remember all the hype, friends coming over smoking some ish and playing that until 2am and sh1t
Damn.... those were the days!!!

Now it's get the F out my house i'm playing multiplayer!!!!!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
One of my all time favorite gaming experiences.

I camped out to get an Xbox. I was 3rd from last in line.

I got it and was late to school. I was in a computer technology vocational class so the teacher didnt give me shyt about it. He actually let me bring it in and hook it up on the projector in the classroom.

The first time booting up halo was just :ohlawd:

Fighting through that first stage and then when they dropped that warthog off:wow:

I got so many great memories with this game. We used to meet up at my homies house and have LAN parties. Then when they came up with a way to play online:gladbron:

Even though I have not really been into the most recent titles Halo is a goat franchise for me.

ch15x

Mountaineer
Daps
Reppin
TN (east)
Tried it on a whim, though it had been out for a minute and a fan-base was forming. Pretty cool... :leon:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
shyt was crack when we hooked up two xbox together and played capture the flag on two different tvs in two different rooms

yep, my roommate and one of my neighbors both had xbox. many fun time

the invisible dudes with swords :wow:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I didnt get to play it until it dropped for PC.

I was amazed that the enemies actually fought like they wanted to win and weren't just charging bullet sponges.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember initially not being all that impressed, but the A.I. and player chatter kind of made me stick with it. Once you link up with the other Marines and do the raid on the Alien ship I was hooked though.

And that first encounter with The Flood :ohlawd: