Do you guys eat before you workout?

Fat Fred Jones

Reticent
Daps
30 minutes to an hour before is my preference, but I'm not strict about it. I think depends on the type of work you're doing. I tend to to lift heavy and only spend about 30 - 45 minutes in the gym so it may not be as important for me to eat prior to the gym, but then again I really don't know. I struggle to put on weight so it makes it easier for me to work up an appetite if I eat before the gym.

Daps
I eat after when I go to gym.
I have breakfast, wait a couple of hours, go to the gym for a couple of hours, eat a lot when I get back from the gym.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
For me I gotta have both breakfast AND Lunch to get a decent workout, sometimes I can get away with strength training on only Breakfast but I won't have enough energy for Cardio.

Also on average I sleep 12 hours a day and have trouble getting out of bed in hot, humid weather. Today I didn't get out of bed until 1PM, ate lunch, went to the gym, strength training went well but I struggled with Cardio :francis: Wanted to run a mile in 10 minutes but got tired around the 4 or 5 minute mark and did incline for the other 5 minutes. Wanted to do least 5 minutes on the stair stepper but got tired around 3 minutes :unimpressed:

it bums me when I struggle with cardio I generally feel better when Cardio goes well and I meet my goals for that particular gym session.
Do you not work or go to school? :wtf: I couldn’t find 12 hours to sleep if I tried my best.