Do you guys eat before you workout?

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
fukk that. Try going low carb and then training legs first thing in the morning.

Every time I did that shyt I almost died. :dead:
I do it two days a week. Wake up, drink a glass of water, go to the gym and work out.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Or try benching 265 on an empty stomach without a spotter...while only weighing 160:childplease:
Bench 275 for reps without taking an ounce of anything to eat in the morning before going to the gym. And I weight about 180. Your body has WAY more than enough stored energy from the food you've already eaten. You're probably in a mental thing of thinking you have to eat beforehand. You don't literally have to.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Bench 275 for reps without taking an ounce of anything to eat in the morning before going to the gym. And I weight about 180. Your body has WAY more than enough stored energy from the food you've already eaten. You're probably in a mental thing of thinking you have to eat beforehand. You don't literally have to.
Probably. But the mind is a muthafukka. That's why placebos usually work and why people swear they need pre-workout to get the best sessions.

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Not in the morning because I’m still full from the night before, but yes for any workouts late afternoon and night.

Daps
If I train in the morning I have 2 bananas and glass of water that's it. If I train after work then i am fueled by the food I have eaten throughout day.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
In the morning, no

In the evening, yes but something on the lighter side

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Not me. Fasted morning workouts.

Every time I've eaten before a workout, I've damn near vomited during the workout.

Granted, my choices weren't the best in those instances, but never again :hubie:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Depending on the time

If I can go straight early I might do just some protein powder in water just to get something in the stomach

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
For me I gotta have both breakfast AND Lunch to get a decent workout, sometimes I can get away with strength training on only Breakfast but I won't have enough energy for Cardio.

Also on average I sleep 12 hours a day and have trouble getting out of bed in hot, humid weather. Today I didn't get out of bed until 1PM, ate lunch, went to the gym, strength training went well but I struggled with Cardio :francis: Wanted to run a mile in 10 minutes but got tired around the 4 or 5 minute mark and did incline for the other 5 minutes. Wanted to do least 5 minutes on the stair stepper but got tired around 3 minutes :unimpressed:

it bums me when I struggle with cardio I generally feel better when Cardio goes well and I meet my goals for that particular gym session.