Do you guys eat before you workout?

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like to go to gym first thing when I wake up. I usually have a banana and yogurt.

Would eating a full meal give more energy to work out? Also, how long to wait in between eating and working out?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I usually prefer to workout fasted but I've been going after a meal more often....I still prefer being fasted because that is just the way I started out.

Do whatever your preference is....But yes eating prior to should give you more energy but it is pros and cons to each.

Now post workout I will always within 90 minutes have either a protein shake with carbs or a meal with protein and carbs.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I usually prefer to workout fasted but I've been going after a meal more often....I still prefer being fasted because that is just the way I started out.

Do whatever your preference is....But yes eating prior to should give you more energy but it is pros and cons to each.

Now post workout I will always within 90 minutes have either a protein shake with carbs or a meal with protein and carbs.
I usually have a protein shake and meal within 20 mins

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I don’t.

It’s personal preference really. Whatever generally gives you the best performance and consistency is the way to go.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Most days I'll eat an hour and a half to two before hand and go do my thing.
But on some weekends I'll go fasted and have a good workout but i gotta take preworkout for those.

I say try both out see what you like best and what works for you.
Be wary of the itis tho it'll ruin the best of workout moods :bamafdup:​

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Hate eating too early before working out. I usually work out soon as I wake up in the morning anyway. Your body has way more than enough energy from the food you ate the day before to be able to work out the next morning. I hate having a full stomach and trying to work out, shyt never feels right.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Na. Usually eat like 30 min after. I go after work during the wk, so if I’m starving and/or feeling weak/tired I’ll eat a little fruit just for a pick-me-up at the end of the day.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Hate eating too early before working out. I usually work out soon as I wake up in the morning anyway. Your body has way more than enough energy from the food you ate the day before to be able to work out the next morning. I hate having a full stomach and trying to work out, shyt never feels right.
^^^

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Same here. Anytime I've eating within a couple of hours of working out I just feel like I'm dragging and can't get that extra push I normally have while fasting.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
2 cups of brown rice and 2 4oz chicken breasts one hour before workout.

:blessed:

Got the energy to beast for 2 hours straight.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your body has way more than enough energy from the food you ate the day before to be able to work out the next morning.

fukk that. Try going low carb and then training legs first thing in the morning.

Every time I did that shyt I almost died. :dead: