Do You Feel Like A Servant or Woman,When You Have To Cook,Clean/ Household Duties

Lithe

All Star
Daps
You're a well rounded and complete sister.....stay that way....don't ever change the way you think....its a perfect way to stay on the upright..... and I see the c00n Ronnie Lott is harrassing you about your morals and standards....see those the type of new age nikkas you should stay completely away from. His type of thinking is an embarrassment to Black men.

Believe me you are on the right path. Make sure you pick a brother with your same standards and if he doesn't fit that character, then don't mess with him. This is what all our young girls need to be aware of. You see the way that c00n talks, he will probably have baby mamas everywhere having to chase his ass to do his responsibility, yet you see the way he and his type talk....shyt is ass backwards....but they backwards nikkas.....stay clear of those kinds I repeat. They're the one's bringing down the community more and more.
Thank you for the compliments and advice towards me. I'm not even mad at him, and I don't have anything to say about him, honestly. I'm really answering the questions and I don't mind that it's "out there" for everyone to see. I'll never change what I believe to appease someone else. 'Preciate it!

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Thank you for the compliments and advice towards me. I'm not even mad at him, and I don't have anything to say about him, honestly. I'm really answering the questions and I don't mind that it's "out there" for everyone to see. I'll never change what I believe to appease someone else. 'Preciate it!

Nah dude is a complete idiot and logic is trash......he's the perfect example of why our community is in its condition......but I see you take the high road. Good Luck

Lithe

All Star
Daps
Nah dude is a complete idiot and logic is trash......he's the perfect example of why our community is in its condition......but I see you take the high road. Good Luck
Thank you very much :smile:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
I don't have a man but I'm not good at the domestic stuff. I cook when I have to so I don't die and I'm messy. Grew up with maids so I use that as an excuse. If I have to do stuff then it's a chore unless it's a project e.g. a serious deep spring clean or trying a new recipe. When the time comes to be "the woman of the house" I'm hoping to have maids so I don't have to do chores.

SMH that sounds so spoilt and the mentality spills over into other stuff - admin chores at work suck
I feel bad for your future husband.

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
When the guy expects you and only you to do it, then I feel like a servant.

but if we both do it then it doesn't matter.
Curious about your feelings regardin' traditional male roles. Is there nothin' you expect your/a man to do? Garbage, repairs, lawn mowin'...?

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
Curious about your feelings regardin' traditional male roles. Is there nothin' you expect your/a man to do? Garbage, repairs, lawn mowin'...?

I don't expect him to do those things, I'm not just going to leave the trash sitting there just because it's supposedly a man's "job" to take it out when I can take it out myself, you know? and If I know how to fix something, then I'll do it and if he knows how, then he'll do it.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In terms of a relationship, I don't mind if those duties were primarily my responsibility as long as when there is a day I don't feel like it, dude would pick up the slack.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
It's cool as long as he is a good man and is good to me. Also if he is willing to do it too. It's actually attractive to me if a man can cook all sorts of things. I will not be no ones mama except to my own kids if I have them. Any man I get with will learn that early on so therefore he can't act like he didn't know.

MsReal

All Star
Daps
I do the majority of the domestic roles in our house, my partner cooks maybe twice a week.

For a while I got angry about doing everything, as it wasn't always like that. But I decided it's not worth the arguments, and I'm not going to wait for someone to clean or wash clothes when they are ready. I run a tight ship, so I do it.

My friends refuse to have meals ready for when their partner finishes work, but it doesn't bother me. My man is spoiled and doesn't appreciate it. Most he's friends have said when I ready to leave him their ready to wife me...

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Depends, if I have to clean because no one else is I feel like a maid. I get frustrated. I don't mind cooking and cleaning but on my schedule. For example, I dont like cooking 3 meals a day, everyday. I dont like having to make plates for my lazy brothers who dont do anything but play video games. They aren't babies, get up and make your own damn plate! /vent

But yeah, my family is old school like that. They say that a woman has to learn how to run a kitchen. I say everyone has to put in work and do their part.