Do You Feel Like A Servant or Woman,When You Have To Cook,Clean/ Household Duties

CinnamonTequila

Playing that music too loud ;)
Daps
Reppin
RD --- DR
I don't... I am ok with doing stuff in the house... What I don't like is when I am told what to do...
I like cooking and baking, taking care of the place where I live at and all that shyt.. I guess I have it in me. :manny:
But I would fukking kill someone or sit on my ass for a week if someone tells me: '' You have to clean.... ''
However, that does not mean that imma be all '' desperate housewives mode '' all the time...

Oh and how @Spotlessmind said... He has to do his part too...

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
No you and your questions are dumb as fck....plus you have no man...therefore you should've bypassed the thread from the jump....unless you cook and clean for your vibrator.......
How do you know the status of my man? :jbhmm:

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
I don't have a man but I'm not good at the domestic stuff. I cook when I have to so I don't die and I'm messy. Grew up with maids so I use that as an excuse. If I have to do stuff then it's a chore unless it's a project e.g. a serious deep spring clean or trying a new recipe. When the time comes to be "the woman of the house" I'm hoping to have maids so I don't have to do chores.

SMH that sounds so spoilt and the mentality spills over into other stuff - admin chores at work suck

QueenSheba

All Star
Daps
Meh..

It depends on the man. I can cook, clean, and I'm loyal. If you treat me right- you'll receive the same treatment. I don't want some "dominant" man telling me what to do. I want a man that treats me like a queen and I'll treat you like a king. Basically what @Juicy said.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Women job is to cook and clean...the mans job is to provide

Lithe

All Star
Daps
No, because I appreciate keeping a clean space and I like having fresh food. I'm a nurturer by nature, so it's not like I ever feel "forced to" serve anyone in my home. But I will not have a man giving me orders like I'm his daughter. No, it's not like that. I also like for him to do "manly" stuff, like take the trash out, maintenance on the vehicles, killing all the crunchy bugs, getting things that are up too high for me to reach. Haha! I can do "women" and "men" roles, because I'm single, but I think it works best when a couple is each willing to do a little of everything. I don't mind traditional roles though, I just don't like being controlled because there's no need for that. We are both adults, not children. Let's treat each other as such.

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
No, because I appreciate keeping a clean space and I like having fresh food. I'm a nurturer by nature, so it's not like I ever feel "forced to" serve anyone in my home. But I will not have a man giving me orders like I'm his daughter. No, it's not like that. I also like for him to do "manly" stuff, like take the trash out, maintenance on the vehicles, killing all the crunchy bugs, getting things that are up too high for me to reach. Haha! I can do "women" and "men" roles, because I'm single, but I think it works best when a couple is each willing to do a little of everything. I don't mind traditional roles though, I just don't like being controlled because there's no need for that. We are both adults, not children. Let's treat each other as such.

Good and solid post....reason I wanted to do this thread contrary to the haters in the earlier posts, is because I was reading a post on another site I frequent, where a sister compared how men look to women to serve them like a slavemaster did slaves.....the comparison had me :patrice:.....:manny:

Lithe

All Star
Daps
Good and solid post....reason I wanted to do this thread contrary to the haters in the earlier posts, is because I was reading a post on another site I frequent, where a sister compared how men look to women to serve them like a slavemaster did slaves.....the comparison had me :patrice:.....:manny:
Thank you, just being honest. I'm not so sure about the slave master to slave comparison, because that's an entirely different issue. However, I have been around men who have an extremely misogynistic view towards women, and so they treat their partners like servants. Some men really are that way, which is why I emphasized not wanting to be controlled, we are both adults, and I am not his daughter. But if a woman thinks all men are always that way, then that sounds more like a personal issue. Can't go around blanket statement-ing everyone. That's why it's essential to be with someone whose values are like yours, with enough tension to keep it interesting. That's all I gotta say!

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Thank you, just being honest. I'm not so sure about the slave master to slave comparison, because that's an entirely different issue. However, I have been around men who have an extremely misogynistic view towards women, and so they treat their partners like servants. Some men really are that way, which is why I emphasized not wanting to be controlled, we are both adults, and I am not his daughter. But if a woman thinks all men are always that way, then that sounds more like a personal issue. Can't go around blanket statement-ing everyone. That's why it's essential to be with someone whose values are like yours, with enough tension to keep it interesting. That's all I gotta say!

You're a well rounded and complete sister.....stay that way....don't ever change the way you think....its a perfect way to stay on the upright..... and I see the c00n Ronnie Lott is harrassing you about your morals and standards....see those the type of new age nikkas you should stay completely away from. His type of thinking is an embarrassment to Black men.

Believe me you are on the right path. Make sure you pick a brother with your same standards and if he doesn't fit that character, then don't mess with him. This is what all our young girls need to be aware of. You see the way that c00n talks, he will probably have baby mamas everywhere having to chase his ass to do his responsibility, yet you see the way he and his type talk....shyt is ass backwards....but they backwards nikkas.....stay clear of those kinds I repeat. They're the one's bringing down the community more and more.