• Maybe but not completely sure

Votes: 24 13.1%

• Total voters

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
I’ve always been a believe of God (hence my username) because this universe is far too complex and well designed for it to just magically come out of nowhere and I had instances in my life where I felt God’s presences which helped stir me away from certain troubles and dangerous situations.

I know that most of TLR tend to lean more on the agnostic side but I figured I asked anyway.

:yeshrug:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I’ve always been a believe of God (hence my username) because this universe is far too complex and well designed for it to just magically come out of nowhere
That begs the question-- where did your god come from?

If you think the universe is "too complex" and "well designed", surely your god is too, meaning he has to come from somewhere, no?

:manny:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yes. I believe in God.

He has always been.

This is a non-answer.

I can say exactly the same thing about the universe- it's always been.

A claim was made-- the universe is "well designed" (it's not, like AT ALL). Therefore, the logic must match-- where did god come from, if the universe is too complex to have existed on its own. Because that also means god is too complex.

Answer the question without circular reasoning and begging the question

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Then say it? I'm not stopping you. I believe in a higher power you don't. That's it.

I do say this, actually-- the universe has always existed.

I'm simply trying to get you (since you decided to answer for the other guy) to answer your position.

Here's another question: what was god doing before he decided to create the universe? Chilling in a void for infinity years?

I really don't think y'all think too hard about the fables you believe in. It becomes laughable when you actually think about these things. What always intrigues me is how people can rationalize that Greek myths are simply fables and then look at Christian myths and not realize they're exactly the same.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This is a non-answer.

I can say exactly the same thing about the universe- it's always been.

A claim was made-- the universe is "well designed" (it's not, like AT ALL). Therefore, the logic must match-- where did god come from, if the universe is too complex to have existed on its own. Because that also means god is too complex.

Answer the question without circular reasoning and begging the question

My position is that the universe is material reality. Not only do we know that the universe as we know it had a start (the Big Bang), but so long as matter exists, it can only exist within a defined realm of spacetime. Claiming that the universe is completely natural, and yet somehow created itself or exists eternally, makes no logical sense. How could a natural, material world create itself, or exist outside of time?

However, a supernatural being, which is not matter and thus not constrained to spacetime, can thus exist eternally, outside of time. It does not need to be created because there is no "start" outside of spacetime, it is eternal by definition.

Thus it seems perfectly logical that a supernatural being can exist outside of time and thus be eternal and non-created, but no natural, material realm can.

Here's another question: what was god doing before he decided to create the universe? Chilling in a void for infinity years?

That's a nonsensical question for something that exists outside of time. There is no "infinity years" to wait if you are outside of spacetime. Everything is simultaneous. From outside spacetime, you would be able to view all of spacetime at once, there would be nothing to wait for. The past, present, future (to us), of all that you created would be eternally available to you.

Last edited:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I do say this, actually-- the universe has always existed.
That's great.
I'm simply trying to get you (since you decided to answer for the other guy) to answer your position.
I did answer and I'm more than satisfied with my answer. I'd do it again Birdman. I'll even quote some scriptures for you if you like brotha.
Another question? He was doing his will.

thefloorislava

All Star
Daps
Nah been an atheist for a decade now :yeshrug:

There is no concrete evidence of the existence of any deities. Evolution and The Big bang Theory always made more sense to me and all the claims made are actually backed by evidence. Besides that I never felt the need to connect with a higher power or have a desire for an afterlife. I don’t think you need religion to have purpose in life or a moral system

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Claiming that the universe is completely natural, and yet somehow created itself or exists eternally, makes no logical sense. How could a natural, material world create itself, or exist outside of time?

However, a supernatural being, which is not matter and thus not constrained to spacetime, can thus exist eternally, outside of time. It does not need to be created because there is no "start" outside of spacetime, it is eternal by definition.

Thus it seems perfectly logical that a supernatural being can exist outside of time and thus be eternal and non-created, but no natural, material realm can.

You know, I always took you for a rational dude.

But this... yikes. :why:

First of all, you're making assumptions here-- no one (scientists) says the universe "created itself"-- that's a strawman. The current position of cosmologists is that the universe has always existed in one form or another, and may be a part of an infinite parallel with other universes.

Second, a supernatural being by definition cannot exist in nature, otherwise, it would be natural. As far as I'm aware, the gods of man interact with men, thereby making them a paradox-- they are no longer supernatural if men can hear them, for example. Their voices can only be heard if there is a medium, such as air. That, by definition, would make them a natural being, hence the paradox.

So no, it's not perfectly logical, most especially because the god of the bible, at least, is described as looking like us, meaning he can be seen, meaning he's not supernatural, meaning none of this makes sense.