Do y'all see abortion as more of a White Women's issue?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hear me out. While I know it's a hot bed issue for women's rights, the majority of the noise for this is coming from white women. I noticed during the DNC they talked a LOT about abortion and reproductive rights.

My theory is that Republicans are trying to force WW to have more babies so they aren't replaced. Whites have more dwindling birth rates now.

Hispanics, due to their religiosity and culture, generally don't have abortions. Many are Catholic and don't even use contraception. They're on track to be the largest minority group in the next few decades.

Asian and Indian groups aren't having babies like that. They're having lower birth rates and statistics show that they only account for less than 6% of abortions.

Blacks have high birth rates also but there's enough BW that have abortions that are making our numbers to be more controlled by the powers that be so they're not as worried about us.

Based on empirical evidence and viewing different communities it just seems that post Rowe V Wade being overturned that this issue has just mattered MORE to WW. Recall more white women voted for Trump in 2020. Abortion rights are energizing the female base to vote, which is why we see them leaning so much into it in the DNC.

At least in some Black communities we just absorb the family in many instances. I've had a few cousins have kids out of wedlock and we'd just take care of them. Abortion wasn't something that came up in conversation whether due to religious upbringing or cultural norms. Still - because Blacks have historically fought for social justice we see more pro choice.

Anyways just some random thoughts and was curious if I'm onto something here. I don't really see minority women leaning into abortion rights as an issue as much as say a white woman. 🤔

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
I do
pretty much you explain my thought process about it as well.

if white women weren't doing it at all
but let's say just black women were the only ones
they wouldn't care or at least really criminalize it federally to take advantage to lock them up for it

cac's take both sides of the argument
like Neely Fuller said

but they only care about it because their women do it and it's effecting their numbers (they always are thinking in the long term)
so they want to stop it.

they want to go after contraceptives too

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
every race uses abortion. the ones you don't think do more than others. all those Asian households that can't have unwed scandal in their communities do it with no hesitation. don't become so hyper focused on your community that you don't see society at large. white women advocate the most. others depend on it silently

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
every race uses abortion. the ones you don't think do more than others. all those Asian households that can't have unwed scandal in their communities do it with no hesitation. don't become so hyper focused on your community that you don't see society at large. white women advocate the most. others depend on it silently

From pewresearch.org I found interesting

In the District of Columbia, New York City (but not the rest of New York) and the 31 states that reported racial and ethnic data on abortion to the CDC, 42% of all women who had abortions in 2021 were non-Hispanic Black, while 30% were non-Hispanic White, 22% were Hispanic and 6% were of other races.

Looking at abortion rates among those ages 15 to 44, there were 28.6 abortions per 1,000 non-Hispanic Black women in 2021; 12.3 abortions per 1,000 Hispanic women; 6.4 abortions per 1,000 non-Hispanic White women; and 9.2 abortions per 1,000 women of other races, the CDC reported from those same 31 states, D.C. and New York City.

You have a point. It's just from what I've seen on social media, empirically (as I mentioned too so it's flawed) is that other groups don't discuss it as much.

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
It’s interesting the push is on reproductive rights/abortion (and rightfully so) but not on out of wedlock pregnancies. That’s the bigger issue in my view. The push needs to be on promoting a cohesive family unit BEFORE pregnancy. Maybe that may cut down on abortions in general.

Also, I think attempting to control abortion/reproductive rights is also an attempt to control the sexual freedom of women.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s interesting the push is on reproductive rights/abortion (and rightfully so) but not on out of wedlock pregnancies. That’s the bigger issue in my view. The push needs to be on promoting a cohesive family unit BEFORE pregnancy.

Also, I think attempting to control abortion/reproductive rights is also an attempt to control the sexual freedom of women.
Me personally I'm all for women's rights to choose. If you remove access to abortion, people will do it anyway and that will lead to MORE issues and deaths of women.

I don't think it's the right focus for our community though. I've seen it too many times in my extended family where women had kids by multiple men. We would just take care of the child and help them. To promote cohesive families though people need to see it.

BW do face higher rates of mortality during pregnancies but much of that is due to racism in the medical field.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
From pewresearch.org I found interesting

In the District of Columbia, New York City (but not the rest of New York) and the 31 states that reported racial and ethnic data on abortion to the CDC, 42% of all women who had abortions in 2021 were non-Hispanic Black, while 30% were non-Hispanic White, 22% were Hispanic and 6% were of other races.

Looking at abortion rates among those ages 15 to 44, there were 28.6 abortions per 1,000 non-Hispanic Black women in 2021; 12.3 abortions per 1,000 Hispanic women; 6.4 abortions per 1,000 non-Hispanic White women; and 9.2 abortions per 1,000 women of other races, the CDC reported from those same 31 states, D.C. and New York City.

You have a point. It's just from what I've seen on social media, empirically (as I mentioned too so it's flawed) is that other groups don't discuss it as much.
they won't. especially Asian communities.
It’s interesting the push is on reproductive rights/abortion (and rightfully so) but not on out of wedlock pregnancies. That’s the bigger issue in my view. The push needs to be on promoting a cohesive family unit BEFORE pregnancy. Maybe that may cut down on abortions in general.

And this is where the divide is... you are getting into something that is community and culture driven not law based, related but separate topic... the silent communities and women who use abortion do it for this reason more than any other. can't have kids without a family in their cultures or communities. that value is coming from within not society at large.

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
they won't. especially Asian communities.

And this is where the divide is... you are getting into something that is community and culture driven not law based, related but separate topic... the silent communities and women who use abortion do it for this reason more than any other. can't have kids without a family in their cultures or communities. that value is coming from within not society at large.

Good point. The law however can indirectly encourage behavior and culture. Maybe not to the effect of nurture but enough that decisions are made secondary to it.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Hear me out. While I know it's a hot bed issue for women's rights, the majority of the noise for this is coming from white women. I noticed during the DNC they talked a LOT about abortion and reproductive rights.

My theory is that Republicans are trying to force WW to have more babies so they aren't replaced. Whites have more dwindling birth rates now.

Hispanics, due to their religiosity and culture, generally don't have abortions. Many are Catholic and don't even use contraception. They're on track to be the largest minority group in the next few decades.

Asian and Indian groups aren't having babies like that. They're having lower birth rates and statistics show that they only account for less than 6% of abortions.

Blacks have high birth rates also but there's enough BW that have abortions that are making our numbers to be more controlled by the powers that be so they're not as worried about us.

Based on empirical evidence and viewing different communities it just seems that post Rowe V Wade being overturned that this issue has just mattered MORE to WW. Recall more white women voted for Trump in 2020. Abortion rights are energizing the female base to vote, which is why we see them leaning so much into it in the DNC.

At least in some Black communities we just absorb the family in many instances. I've had a few cousins have kids out of wedlock and we'd just take care of them. Abortion wasn't something that came up in conversation whether due to religious upbringing or cultural norms. Still - because Blacks have historically fought for social justice we see more pro choice.

Anyways just some random thoughts and was curious if I'm onto something here. I don't really see minority women leaning into abortion rights as an issue as much as say a white woman. 🤔
No we really don't actually. At the moment we have a fertility rate of 1.6 births per women. Without immigration our numbers will start to drop soon.

As for the abortion question not sure..maybe?

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
They talk about it cause its a good issue to rile up the white women. But dems won't do anything about it. Abortion was legal because of a Supreme Court decision, they never even attempted to codify it into law, nor will they.