Do ya agree with the official Millennial birth year range (1981-1996)

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Yeah and if you notice , majority of the time 95 and 96 (mostly 96) always gets switched around , one of the reason I be so puzzled when it comes to which one I am officially :francis:
Those XYZ monikers only exist during a generation as it has yet to be identified. Thats why they change. Its like sagas and arcs in stories. An arc (post generation) will have a couple sagas (generation TBD).

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
It's straight breh it's no beef lol , I agree though and I feel like the atmosphere and culture changed so frequently from the 80s to the 2000s that yo could slice the Millennial generation into like 3-4 different ways

Yeah you really could slice up the Millennial gap because from my reading from many different websites you got 15 yr gaps between generations, 20 yr gap (boomers), then 12 year gaps. Ridiculous. Imo, generations should be anywhere between a 10-12 period.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Those titles to me are really just for demographic purposes honestly. On a personal note I consider people born 5 years before and 5 years after to be in my generation because usually, you can find something to relate with them about.

On the other hand if you ask people born in 81, 86, 91, or 96 what their reaction to 9/11 was, they'd all give you a different answer about the day.

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
All I know is that I'm 95, I don't relate to these young skinny ass nikkas but I didn't experience shyt that people a decade or so older went thru:mjlol:.

But after 97 I think it's a whole different generation

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
the "black president" debates didn't really end or change much because look a lot of us thought wrongly that America was changing and becoming more accepting and more liberal but these last few years showed and exposed all the racists who were operating in sheep's clothing, they came to the surface to claim what they believe is rightfully "theirs"..

so really nothing changed.

Obama made a lot people forget the reality of America.

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I noticed most mid 90s babies share that same issue .. I remember growing up listening to Dipset , Dblock , State Property and G Unit my whole childhood being exicted for when I get older so I can fully embrace the wave how I wanted to , but by time I became a teenager , suburban/soft nikkas (Drake,Ye etc) became the face of hip hop :francis:

All I know is that I'm 95, I don't relate to these young skinny ass nikkas but I didn't experience shyt that people a decade or so older went thru:mjlol:.

But after 97 I think it's a whole different generation

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
all I know is that some of the new generation of kids like 15-16 or younger are dumb as hell :lolbron: them kids can't write for shyt and don't know anything outside of this decade. my girl has a nephew that's 13 and dude makes straight A's and can't spell for shyt and won't open a book to save his life. When he spent the summer with her I was talking about some shoes of mine that dry rotted and he looked at me like :dwillhuh: what's a dry rot? And he had to write an essay over the summer and he was using text message jargon. She balled that shyt up and was like you're not texting a teacher, read a book and take notes and he had the nerve to say it has too many words and takes too long to get to the point, nobody reads books anymore.

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Born in 82 and i disagree with being in the millennial class. They really gotta separate that shyt based on who grew up with the internet and who didnt. You cant have people in the same generation when one grew up getting their information from encyclopedias, if that shyt wasnt in the encyclopedia, you just couldnt get that info, and folks who could just look shyt up on the internet.

These folks dont know about using a card catalog to find a book, and if you wanted a book but couldnt check it out because you already had something else you would just move it to a different space and then nobody could find that shyt but you.

They dont know about having to use a map to figure out where you were going, or if you were going to someones house they had to give you detailed information on how to get there or you would never find it. And once you were out you couldnt just call them and get updates because not many people had car phones, your ass was in the wild.

A dictionary and thesaurus, do kids even have those anymore?

The internet just changed life so drastically that you cant lump people pre and post internet together in the same generation.

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I consider millennials to be between 1984-1999. King James and Mark Zuckerburg jumped off the millenial generation tbh

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I'm born in 81, we were 19 at the millenium. We're sort of in no man's land, we're not really Gen X, but we're not really Millenials either. If you had to lump us with one of the two, it's probably more accurate to label us old Millenials.
I’m born 81 too,

We are actually the TRUE millennials, the name comes from classifying kids that enter the “adault” world at the beginning of the millennium and that’s what people born in 81 are. They were 18/19 in 2000 and just recently getting out of high school.

The term millennial has been used to just mean “young” the last decade, which is why so many generation Z kids are misclassified as millennials.

JackRoss

Veteran
Daps
I think we can all agree baby boomers and anyone born after 96 or 97 are the worst of worst

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
People really hate being called a millennial. Everyone wants to be GenX.

“I got Indian in me” ass MFs:russ:

A lot of true GenXers don’t view the kids born in the 80s as fellow GenXers.

I was born in 90:manny: old people can hate all they want.