Do ya agree with the official Millennial birth year range (1981-1996)

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Defining generations: Where Millennials end and post-Millennials begin
Pew Research Center will use 1996 as the last birth year for Millennials for our future work. Anyone born between 1981 and 1996 (ages 22 to 37 in 2018) will be considered a Millennial, and anyone born from 1997 onward will be part of a new generation. Since the oldest among this rising generation are just turning 21 this year, and most are still in their teens, we think it’s too early to give them a name

I always peep the years fluctuate from source to source
but recently people have been using this as the official time range .. ya feel it's accurate or off ? I'll add my two cents as the thread progresses ..

That's what I think is crazy because I was born in '82 and I did a google search on this once, and it said people born between 1980-1982 were born right at the end of generation X. What I found confusion is that if you were born around that same time you're also considered a millennial. It's just we're considered "older" millennials which I don't like.

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I think 1996 is the accurate last year off the strength we would be the last to have some sort of vivid recollection of 9/11 because we were the youngest in the school system (K-12) when it happened ... I obviously don't remember the whole spectrum of the event as it was happening but I do remember the choas and fear attached to it , parents (including mine) grabbing kids out the school without signing out and coming home watching the towers collaspe on TV

But me being from NY might also be a big factor in me remembering

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I was born in 81 too. No way we should be lumped in with kids from 96
:russ:

Say it again...:preach101:

I do not like being lumped in with kids born in the 90's (I'm sorry 90's babies) b/c Idk if it was just how I was raised or what. I get tired of hearing shyt from ppl like my mother's age or older talking about "your generation".

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
1985 but im more like a late Gen Xer if anything

I know what its like to go outside and play and have no internet to rely on but also appreciate modern technology enough to never wanna go back either.

People of my gen are right on the dividing line between "simpler times" and the technological renaissance that has taken place since the 2000's because we've been influence more by the former but ben exposed more to the latter

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
It's straight breh it's no beef lol , I agree though and I feel like the atmosphere and culture changed so frequently from the 80s to the 2000s that yo could slice the Millennial generation into like 3-4 different ways
Say it again...:preach101:

I do not like being lumped in with kids born in the 90's (I'm sorry 90's babies) b/c Idk if it was just how I was raised or what. I get tired of hearing shyt from ppl like my mother's age or older talking about "your generation".

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Technology and social culture changed so
Much that the generation are off. I remember being in high school and having debates if it will be a black president in our lifetime.

RehReh

đź–¤GhettoDollyđź–¤
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I thought millennial meant near the millennium aka near 2000

And after generations z what next?
Sounds like the end to me....

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Most 80s babies don't realize that they too are millennials.

That's because the term millenial is attributed to a trendy young person in their 20s, of which most 80s babies are no longer in that range these days.

Not too long ago, most 90s babies were considered gen Z since they were mostly in hs/college just 5 years ago, now everybody calling them millenials since they're acting more like how 80s babies were 10 years ago since they're now entering the real world.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Technology and social culture changed so
Much that the generation are off. I remember being in high school and having debates if it will be a black president in our lifetime.

the "black president" debates didn't really end or change much because look a lot of us thought wrongly that America was changing and becoming more accepting and more liberal but these last few years showed and exposed all the racists who were operating in sheep's clothing, they came to the surface to claim what they believe is rightfully "theirs"..

so really nothing changed.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
96 is generation z .

Gen-X_Y_Z-Infographic.png
Those XYZ monikers only exist during a generation as it has yet to be identified. Thats why they change. Its like sagas and arcs in stories. An arc (post generation) will have a couple sagas (generation TBD).

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
81-83 a little too old to me but yeah this is the standard millenial list Idk why some old nikkas swear they not when 81 is considered millennial this got to be an old article because gen z is already the name of the new generation
I just touched on that.