Do ya agree with the official Millennial birth year range (1981-1996)

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Defining generations: Where Millennials end and post-Millennials begin
Pew Research Center will use 1996 as the last birth year for Millennials for our future work. Anyone born between 1981 and 1996 (ages 22 to 37 in 2018) will be considered a Millennial, and anyone born from 1997 onward will be part of a new generation. Since the oldest among this rising generation are just turning 21 this year, and most are still in their teens, we think it’s too early to give them a name

I always peep the years fluctuate from source to source but recently people have been using this as the official time range .. ya feel it's accurate or off ? I'll add my two cents as the thread progresses ..

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
96 is generation z .

Gen-X_Y_Z-Infographic.png

DMGAINGREEN

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
That kind of how I feel being born on the very end (96) , If Zinneal was a term I'd classify myself as that .... I feel like 94-97 is it's own cusp generation in alot of ways because we're still young enough to be in the loop as far as what's trendy but old enough to remember shyt like dial up , vcr and when the internet was seen as a secondary activity oppose to now where it's embedded in virtually everything we do .

Being born in 81 i feel more like a Xinneal, or whatever that term is called

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
That kind of how I feel being born on the very end (96) , If Zinneal was a term I'd classify myself as that .... I feel like 94-97 is it's own cusp generation in alot of ways because we're still young enough to be in the loop as far as what's trendy but old enough to remember shyt like dial up , vcr and when the interent was seen as a secondary activity oppose to now where it's embedded in virtually everything we do .

I remember dial up with that annoying ass sound, vcr’s and all of our tapes, still going outside as a kid and how the kids that stayed inside on the computer when everybody else was outside were viewed as weird, CD’s and having to walk around with a CD player and all that stuff and I was born in early 1999. Hell I even remember the first youtube video I ever saw and when music videos were still shown on tv, having to record stuff on blank tapes. It may have something to do with how pretty much all of my cousins on my mothers side were born in the 80s so I was always around older kids and even my brother was born in ‘86.

Those of us born in the late 90s still remember the time not before the internet necessarily, but before it blew up to what it is now and the narcissist social media culture completely took over. We may have been young, like legit kids but we remember. Its just annoying when folks act like we legit don’t remember anything before twitter and instagram and youtube gurus, like they have been in our faces since birth. That’s the latter-generation z and the alpha generation folks are thinking about.

DMGAINGREEN

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I hear you breh , I agree with most of your sentiment , but it's alot of key factors why I ended it at 97

Like for instance remembering being in school when 9/11 happened

Being apart of the transition from Myspace & AIM in your teens to Facebook & Twitter

I know separating years by only a couple years may seem ignorant on surface level but when you consider how rapidy culture , technology etc was changing and advancing in the 2000s you'd see why it makes sense

But I do agree tho that technically heads born from 98 to 01/02 the very latest would be the last to remember anything I mentioned in my other post

I remember dial up with that annoying ass sound, vcr’s and all of our tapes, still going outside as a kid and how the kids that stayed inside on the computer when everybody else was outside were viewed as weird, CD’s and having to walk around with a CD player and all that stuff and I was born in early 1999. Hell I even remember the first youtube video I ever saw and when music videos were still shown on tv, having to record stuff on blank tapes. It may have something to do with how pretty much all of my cousins on my mothers side were born in the 80s so I was always around older kids and even my brother was born in ‘86.

Those of us born in the late 90s still remember the time not before the internet necessarily, but before it blew up to what it is now and the narcissist social media culture completely took over. We may have been young, like legit kids but we remember. Its just annoying when folks act like we legit don’t remember anything before twitter and instagram and youtube gurus, like they have been in our faces since birth. That’s the latter-generation z and the alpha generation folks are thinking about.

DMGAINGREEN

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Lol , I agree we grew up in two completely different worlds when you really break it down , you probably vividly remember the crack era at it's peak while I wasn't even thought of when it was occuring .. like someone said above I think the mid 80s would be more accurate to start it off
I was born in 81 too. No way we should be lumped in with kids from 96
:russ:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I was born in 81 too. No way we should be lumped in with kids from 96
:russ:

I'm born in 81, we were 19 at the millenium. We're sort of in no man's land, we're not really Gen X, but we're not really Millenials either. If you had to lump us with one of the two, it's probably more accurate to label us old Millenials.