Do u ever think about the the cost of retards?

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
I'm just concerned as to how they can survive and get the assistance they need after leaving high school in a recession, especially if something happens to their parent of caregiver

Does anybody here have more knowledge on how this is done becaue the subject got me curious?

Group homes, there basically like Senior citizen homes for mentally challenged people.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
real talk.

when i was 18 i had the glorious position of assistant manager of a car wash. we had one of those underachievers drying off the cars. he smelled terrible and could barely communicate, but we just kinda dealt with it. he may have had some family that checked up on him, but he lived alone. punctual little thing he was, he held down the job for awhile but eventually customers complained because they didn't need their car dried off. being offended that he was rendered obsolete, he would shake his fist and attempt to curse at the patrons.

i had to fire his ass. which was hard because of the emotion but also the communication barrier. he still showed up everyday for a week and we had to send him away. work for a shady corporatation, brehs. last time i saw him, he was wiping off tables at wendy's. this was a small town so we could deal with a few ketamine babies but in the city, i know plenty that go homeless and live it out as beggars for small change so they can buy chips and small goldfish.

:wow: I never really thought too much about the subject before in terms of special needs kids going into adulthood. We live in a society that has regular, able people fighting for basic needs and (and rights, depending on your politics on "entitlements") like healthcare, edumacation, retirement and social security benefits that they've work for, and food in some cases; It's cold outchea. I have a new found respect for the people that have the challenge of making sure that mentally disabled children going into adulthood don't fall through the cracks :whew: :salute:...Good luck to 'em with that fight

But kinda like OP was alluding to in his own way (:heh:), the allocation of these resources might come under scrutiny (maybe it already is, but like I said, I'm ignorant on the situation thus far) it's crazy to think about them starting to catch heavy L's and can't accommodate the people who need it the most.

Knowing how expensive it is for small business to higher labor, I wouldn't be surprised if they have these people gettin' payed under the table below immigrant wages ::wtb:.......hell, I barely even expect big corporations like Walmart do the right thing and pay the minimum wage without being shady about it