do people in the military really get paid??

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
I am not talking about long tenured, higher ranking people, but I know a lot of people my age (around senior of college and younger) have the idea that they're gonna join the reserves and just get paid. I never had no interest in enlisting in nothin but is that shyt really worth locking in like 10 years of your life? how well are they supported financially??

Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes. They are payed for their housing expense, and food tax free. plus their basic pay. and they get payed even more if they have dependents.

in the very beginning they are payed very little, but they still don't have to worry about housing and food so it balances out. When you take into consideration that about half of the income can be tax free, plus benefits like the Va Home Loan and GI bill the average service member can do very well for themselves if they have any sense. And don't even mention what they can stack on deployments or the Thrift Savings Plan they get.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The money is not a lot when you start as an E1 but when you factor in free health care, food, housing, gym membership etc...., you will realize that they make more than you think.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Got a nephew who is a marine...he's in afghanistan, he isn't caking...but they give 10k to go over there, and your in the middle of the desert with shyt to do and everything is provided for you...it will stack up pretty damn fast.

OH SOHH TRILL

Trill OG
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Screwston
My brother stacked over 200gs through 7 Iraq deployments. He stuck doing 20 though. But the wars is over so it no big deal now.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Yes, but soooo many of them are poor with money and will still try to live beyond even their comfortable means. I know mad military cats that got part time/side jobs

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
When u put into perspective that the govt uses them as pawns and replaceable bodies...no they dnt

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
Not everyone in the military is on the front line :win:

U ain't gotta be frontline to die...my sis n law said they were bein transported and were in front...her driver ain't kno the way so the truck beind them got in front...bout 5 min later it got hit with a missile...she's no longer in the military

yo moms

drunk
Daps
U ain't gotta be frontline to die...my sis n law said they were bein transported and were in front...her driver ain't kno the way so the truck beind them got in front...bout 5 min later it got hit with a missile...she's no longer in the military

:leon:

So she survived :rudy: