Do NOT buy this: Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 + 2 coming to XBO/PS4/PC July 26th

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
the breh @notPsychosiz actually helped developed & worked on this game :ehh:

Part 1 was better than 2 to me cause the cast was more cohesive and it had all the major GOATs like Silver Surfer, Magneto, Hulk, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Blade, Black Panther, etc...

This is part of Marvel's new direction on the video game forefront, they really trying to flood the streets and feed the masses. I approve. :salute:

Yep. Back when I was at Activision.

Its fkd up cause I was technically working on Call of Duty 3 at the time so I didn't even get full credit for MUA. Otherwise they would of had to pay me twice. But they kept pulling me from CoD3 to ask continuity stuff cause everyone knew I was the comic dude. And it was easier to have me test the trivia section than have someone who didn't know Marvel keep refering to the cheatsheet they printed out to test the in-game trivia interface. So then, after CoD3 was released they transfered me to the Spiderman 3 team so I'd be closer to the Marvel stuff.

Anyway, I'd reccomend getting this 2-pack it if you like any combination of comic books, action games or rpgs.
Its a hack & slash dungeon crawler with Marvel characters and a ton of loot. Extremely customizable. We had the license to the entire Marvel universe except for a few characters like Punisher that Universal/Interactive had the licence to at the time... and Hulk (also Universal) but we negotiated to get Hulk for the DLC.

The modding community for it is extremely extensive and still active 10 years later. Its become a cult classic.
Marvel Mods - Index

I still played it as recently as maybe 2013-14... and thats after working on it and owning it for years, so its pretty solid in my opinion. Good replay value. :yeshrug:

Roster is 30 characters.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Looks like they will fix the problems at least

Now fix that horrible price. I woulda probably copped for $30.

Activision truly can be the worst. Even when they put their bulls hit on sale (Deadpool,amazing spider man 2 it's still over priv)ced)

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. Back when I was at Activision.

Its fkd up cause I was technically working on Call of Duty 3 at the time so I didn't even get full credit for MUA. Otherwise they would of had to pay me twice. But they kept pulling me from CoD3 to ask continuity stuff cause everyone knew I was the comic dude. And it was easier to have me test the trivia section than have someone who didn't know Marvel keep refering to the cheatsheet they printed out to test the in-game trivia interface. So then, after CoD3 was released they transfered me to the Spiderman 3 team so I'd be closer to the Marvel stuff.

Anyway, I'd reccomend getting this 2-pack it if you like any combination of comic books, action games or rpgs.
Its a hack & slash dungeon crawler with Marvel characters and a ton of loot. Extremely customizable. We had the license to the entire Marvel universe except for a few characters like Punisher that Universal/Interactive had the licence to at the time... and Hulk (also Universal) but we negotiated to get Hulk for the DLC.

The modding community for it is extremely extensive and still active 10 years later. Its become a cult classic.
Marvel Mods - Index

I still played it as recently as maybe 2013-14... and thats after working on it and owning it for years, so its pretty solid in my opinion. Good replay value. :yeshrug:

Roster is 30 characters.

I just downloaded the games I had no idea about the mods what are they and how can I use them?

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I just downloaded the games I had no idea about the mods what are they and how can I use them?

There are many types of mods cause people have been making mods for the game since it came out 10+ years ago. I posted the link to the site.
Most of the mods swap out the standard characters for charcaters that were not in the game... so you can use characters like Punisher, Jubilee, Bishop, Blackcat, etc. Or charcters that are actually in the game but not playable, like vllains like Rhino or Bullseye. The info to how the mods are installed is also located on that site. For PC its straightfoward cause you have access to your game's file directory. For the older consoles it first released on (Original Xbox and PS2 I think) you need a modded console.

I don't know the situation on the old mods compatibility with the re-released version of the game. :yeshrug: But I'm sure thats being discussed on that site. They love that game over there the way thecoli loves pawgs.

You can also do more complicated stuff with the mods like add additional costumes, and change the team names and enemy stats. Just look around over there and you'll understand.

There are mods for Street Fighter characters, DC characters... all sorts of stuff.

Last edited:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
There are many types of mods cause people have been making mods for the game since it came out 10+ years ago. I posted the link to the site.
Most of the mods swap out the standard characters for charcaters that were not in the game... so you can use characters like Punisher, Jubilee, Bishop, Blackcat, etc. Or charcters that are actually in the game but not playable, like vllains like Rhino or Bullseye. The info to how the mods are installed is also located on that site. For PC its straightfoward cause you have access to your game's file directory. For the older consoles it first released on (Original Xbox and PS2 I think) you need a modded console.

I don't know the situation on the old mods compatibility with the re-released version of the game. :yeshrug: But I'm sure thats being discussed on that site. They love that game over there the way thecoli loves pawgs.

You can also do more complicated stuff with the mods like add additional costumes, and change the team names and enemy stats. Just look around over there and you'll understand.

There are mods for Street Fighter characters, DC characters... all sorts of stuff.

Those mods u speak of available on yhr ps4 version?

And that vid don't work

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Wouldn't mind revisiting these games but that price is ridiculous.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I threw on a vid of Superman/Batman in Marvel Ultimate Alliance just as an example. They are actually way better looking now... this is from awhile ago.

Oh ok

So if I cop from PSN for ps4 can I get Batman/Superman?

Or is it just a PC thing?

notPsychosiz

Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Oh ok

So if I cop from PSN for ps4 can I get Batman/Superman?

Or is it just a PC thing?

I would say no.
You either need the PC version or a modded console because you need access to your game's filestructure to be able to replace files. CDs, DVDs, and Games on discs are read only (meaning you can playback the info contained there but cannot alter it). While PC games are more like being on a USB. You can move stuff around, add or delete.

Even without the mods the game is very enjoyable however. Numerous difficulty levels, alternate paths, 30 characters. It got all 8s and 9s when it first debuted.
:banderas: I was happy cause I enjoy working on games people are happy with.

Years later I threatened to quit Electronic Arts if they didn't transfer me off this piece of shyt game they had me working on called Smarty Pants.
So they transferred me to a company they owned at the time called Pandemic Studios and we put out Mercenaries 2.

The difference in quality between Smarty Pants (EA) and Mercenaries 2 (Pandemic Studios) is night and day.:heh:
I would have been so embarased to have my name on a shovelware trash game like this:

But I'll co-sign Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Its fun straight out the box.:lawd:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I would say no.
You either need the PC version or a modded console because you need access to your game's filestructure to be able to replace files. CDs, DVDs, and Games on discs are read only (meaning you can playback the info contained there but cannot alter it). While PC games are more like being on a USB. You can move stuff around, add or delete.

Even without the mods the game is very enjoyable however. Numerous difficulty levels, alternate paths, 30 characters. It got all 8s and 9s when it first debuted.
:banderas: I was happy cause I enjoy working on games people are happy with.

Years later I threatened to quit Electronic Arts if they didn't transfer me off this piece of shyt game they had me working on called Smarty Pants.
So they transferred me to a company they owned at the time called Pandemic Studios and we put out Mercenaries 2.

The difference in quality between Smarty Pants (EA) and Mercenaries 2 (Pandemic Studios) is night and day.:heh:
I would have been so embarased to have my name on a shovelware trash game like this:

But I'll co-sign Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Its fun straight out the box.:lawd:

Yea I figured as much but was hoping for a miracle lol

Yea I know all about marvel ultimate alliance, I been up on it since ps2

X men legends better tho IMO, any idea if they're ever bringing that to psn?