Do n*ggas consider Oklahoma a southern state?

Superstar
Daps
The census considers both Oklahoma & Texas as part of the south.

However, i'd argue that Oklahoma is midwest. For Texas I'd say East Texas is the south, the top part is midwest and the rest of the state is southwest

Daps
I’d say yes, the eastern part is. People saying Texas isn’t the South don’t know the difference between a city like El Paso and a city like Dallas or Houston. Besides, most black people here in Dallas are only a few generations removed from the Deep South (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, etc.) anyway.

Bumping this....

Born in Dallas. Everyone in my family born before 1970 comes from the backwoods of East TX and Louisiana. Piney Woods, Caddo Lake..all that shyt. Great granddaddy worked with horses...think he was a cowboy or his dad was. Broke wild horses for everyone that came by his farm.

Houston, Beaumont, Port Arthur etc., is the south. Austin, San Antonio, El Paso etc. is not the south.

Dallas??? Definitely was the south up until the 60s. The big white businessmen in the city saw the aftermath of the JFK assassination and consciously decided to move away from the southern image and adopt a more cosmopolitan exterior.

Texas as a whole did this as well. We used to be firmly "southern", especially before World War II. Slowly we adopted more of the Wild West propaganda and so now we don't think of Texas as southern like Louisiana or Mississippi even though it used to be.

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
Oklahoma is the south, always has been. Now you have half them thinking their Midwest. Which it never was Midwest. Oklahoma is below the Mason Dixon line.

Kentucky is lower on the map than Oklahoma and it's most definitely the south.

This reminds me of how people think Missouri is the south. I think because it was a slave state.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
The census considers both Oklahoma & Texas as part of the south.

However, i'd argue that Oklahoma is midwest. For Texas I'd say East Texas is the south, the top part is midwest and the rest of the state is southwest
I wouldn't call any part of Texas Midwestern at all