Do n*ggas consider Oklahoma a southern state?

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
At least tha part east of Oklahoma city?

Like how east Texas is considered part of tha south?

Is it like an Arkansas part 2?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I lived in Oklahoma when I was getting my undergrad degree. Nobody that lives there considers it the South. It’s a midwestern state.

Also, TX is not the south either (I live there now). It’s either a mid-western state (especially the north) or a southwestern one (west Texas).

The south starts in Louisiana, moves along the gulf coast and ends in Virginia, on the north side

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Tricky. Like Texas it sits in a part of the US where "east" turns into "west"(The great plains). Oklahoma(again like Texas) is Southern, Midwestern and maybe southwestern altogether. Oklahoma has certain towns and cities that have noticeable black population(Tulsa, OKC) but overall it doesn't have as many black ppl as nearby Texas, and Arkansas. That makes seem a little different from other southern states. That whole region of the US(the great plains) is disputed land. Western Oklahoma(the panhandle) meets the Texas handle and also meets Southern Colorado. And we all know Colorado is 100% a non southern state. Western Oklahoma also has brown/golden plains and prairie, which is characteristically non-Southern. While the eastern end of Oklahoma is near the Ozarks and has a southern feeling with pine trees and what not. Living on the eastcoast, anywhere West of the Mississippi feels "western" to me. Driving to Austin I feel like I'm really far out West. I'd assume the same feeling would happen if I went to OKC..

Having said that, Eastern Oklahoma like Eastern Texas is typically more Southern than the central or western parts of both states. Especially east Texas. East Texas might as well be Louisiana or Mississippi even though it's still geographically far from the Eastern south(florida, Georgia, NC, etc)

Last edited:

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
I lived in Oklahoma when I was getting my undergrad degree. Nobody that lives there considers it the South. It’s a midwestern state.

Also, TX is not the south either (I live there now). It’s either a mid-western state (especially the north) or a southwestern one (west Texas).

The south starts in Louisiana, moves along the gulf coast and ends in Virginia, on the north side
So nikkas like pimp c are really midwestern nikkas:mjlol:

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I've heard people say Texas is not the South and I don't fully understand why it's not
much of the state is outside the South do to the state's massive size (Midland, El Paso, San Antonio type cities in TX for instance) East/Southeast TX is definitely Deep South though and North Texas I would put in the borderland South as well

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So nikkas like pimp c are really midwestern nikkas:mjlol:
Yup. I mean, Pimp C isn’t even a good example, as he claimed Atlanta wasn’t the south :dead:

Look at it this way, all those cowboy movies are set in TX and OK. They’re always considered “The Wild West,” not the south. The South was created before TX was even a state. The southern states are called that not because they are at a certain latitude on a map. It’s because they were the southern states within a certain longitude of colonies when America was formed.

I mean TX and NM were part of Mexico originally. Do you consider Mexico to be “the south?”