Do Coli brehs take classes (yoga, spinning etc) at the gym ?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can anyone articulate why yoga is strenuous? I'm not flexible but how will yoga help me lose weight or sweat? I never sweated from stretching a day in my life.
I remember years ago this chicks with big tittays kept trying get me to go to the hot yoga with her but I didn't see the point

Well, what's your experience stretching? Most people don't properly stretch on their own. If you played sports you might have had a coach who properly had you stretch for like 5 to 10 mins. Yoga is like concentrated deep stretches with static holds and maintaining balance. While it sounds easy as shyt and not strenuous, you gotta think most people don't do static holds and even if you do have a set of static holds at the end of a set of curls or so, most people don't have a full workout that consists (for quads, calfs, stomach, arms, chest. etc). Balance is highly underrated, people see poses and think "I can do that" but they dont realize the body doesn't just balance itself, that its a skill and takes practice.

red-half-moon-3-hand-lifted.jpg
shin-balance-from-square-lunge-1a.jpg
sea8.png
231cd1ca291e28b9ba73e8f1de752af4.jpg

It requires strength, to be able to hold yourself in a position and breathe properly and with control go back to a regular standing position or transition into other positions.

Thierry Henry

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Emirates Stadium
I've never done yoga but a lot of pro athletes do it all the time. It helps with flexibility which in turn helps with muscle recovery and injury prevention

Which stretches are best before a workout, dynamic or static?
depends on the work out,
I play football(soccer) and I do a mix of both starting with static after a light jog

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I've never taken yoga but a lot of the stretches I learned in my self-defense class keep me limber but I still want to take a Yoga class in the near future.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
I did it for ~3 mo ths and was very underwhelmed.
Waste of money unlesyou want to fukk some of the women in your class, but then you have to deal with the stereotypical chicks that do yoga.
Pass.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
id do if you have the free time to and want to try something different I'm more of a power lifter though

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Signed up for a yoga class this weekend. The local place has a guest pass that's $25 for 5 classes. I need to work on my flexibility and mobility. I got banged up way too much this past rugby season. :flabbynsick: