do carribeans or hispanics have the woat breakfast dishes??

Govana

Dancehall ah mi everyting
Daps
When grandma made saltfish fritters with scotch bonnet peppers, and porridge with nutmeg sprinkled on top :mjcry:
porridge2-1024x768.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

When grandma made fried breadfruit with redherring :wow:
Jamaican-food-Flake-the-Red-Herring.jpg
0ce8d93f6d351c0642da4591dd0d9aa9.jpg

When grandma made that big sunday-Monday dinner....... :ahh: Going back to the kitchen for extras, and you still have enough left for the week :banderas:

When we have family reunions and make food from woodfire :banderas::banderas:

]
B7_dnWICQAQI8yX.jpg
50527046.jpg

BujuBoombastic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hahahaha, keep talking behind the computer. When you was in NY how come you never called me out? Exactly... :umad:

Be a man, breh. Don't worry I will come to ATL in the near future. :win:

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
First and last time I had Caribbean food (it was Dominican) was in the 10th grade. It looked like some kinda weird paste that this schoolmate of mine cooked and it was the worst thing I've ever tasted. We were doing some kind of cultural thing for English class and it was dead awful. :scust: All I remember was that it had some strange black speckles in it and we all just looked at her like :patrice::stopitslime::what::martin::wtb::birdman:. We all hated that sh*t and our teacher even gave her the :martin: look.

I have honestly been scared to try authentic Caribbean food since. And the neighbors across the street are West Indian and their food even smells off sometimes. When they moved here we went over to welcome them to the neighborhood and she was cooking. My mother said "oh that smells good! It smells like greens and turkey legs!" :krs: Island lady "nope it's a pot of beans with no seasonings". My mom went from :krs: to straight up :dahell:. I've never smelled beans that smell like greens and turkey with a side of bleach. :stopitslime:Mama is too nice to folks and I hate that because we always end up with the :dame: face.

But I am still frightened by the green stuff from high school and it's been 14 years. I am that scared to try any other food and I want to so bad. :mjcry:

As close to island as I've been able to get to has been that damn restaurant Pollo Tropical :dead:...........and that's even :snoop:

:mjcry: One of my best friends is Puerto Rican and I'm hesitant to try her food. :mjcry: