Do any of you ladies garden?

ExpensiveThrillz

Head In The Cloudz
Daps
Reppin
The Free & The Uplifted
im also a green thumb and always have a full garden full of things on deck for spring/summer/fall gardens.

not really into planting flowers but this year i'm branching out there. want to throw some wild ones down in the front for a pretty splash of color and really get into some different varieties of calendula, chamomile, & borage

and i'm moving away from just my common culinary herbs and also adding in some medicinal ones in so i can dry and use after the season is done

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
My apt balcony faces away from the sun so my plants would never get light.

I tried with a wandering jew, fern, and ponytail palm but they aren't thriving well because of the lack of sunlight.

I really want a rosemary bush and other herbs such as basil, oregano, and lavender. Imma do some research and see if it can be done with a planter box.

fukk I love lavender in food :noah: The thought use to gross me out because I always associated lavender with cleaning products but once you have it in lemonade, cupcakes, etc :wow: I read they're hardy plants too

• Dap
Reactions: jeh
Daps
My dad does some gardening at work and he's brought some seeds home but then we kind of forget about it. We tried pumpkins once. None of them made it. I think I'm gonna start growing some stuff too. I wanna go with green and red peppers, spinach and white onions because I go through those so quickly. But I live in New York so Idk if the weather is conducive to growing these veggies. Any tips?
I think onions have to be started when the weather is cool to give them time to grow, so now should be the time for you to plant in New York. Check at your local WalMart, they should have the onion sets for sale in the garden center. They sell them in bunches. The spinach and the pepper plants will arrive later, sometime after Mother's Day, when the weather is right for planting in your area.
I usually get my plants from Wal-Mart if I can, they tend to have the best prices.

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
I think onions have to be started when the weather is cool to give them time to grow, so now should be the time for you to plant in New York. Check at your local WalMart, they should have the onion sets for sale in the garden center. They sell them in bunches. The spinach and the pepper plants will arrive later, sometime after Mother's Day, when the weather is right for planting in your area.
I usually get my plants from Wal-Mart if I can, they tend to have the best prices.

No such thing as a local Wal-Mart in NYC :mjcry: We do have Home Depot tho. Also, can it be done in a plastic planter box?

• Dap
Daps
No such thing as a local Wal-Mart in NYC :mjcry: We do have Home Depot tho. Also, can it be done in a plastic planter box?
Oh my, I'm sorry I did no see there, you are in Queens. Yes, Home Depot should have the onion sets. I think they are planted close together so you could plant them in a planter box.

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
fukk I love lavender in food :noah: The thought use to gross me out because I always associated lavender with cleaning products but once you have it in lemonade, cupcakes, etc :wow: I read they're hardy plants too
I love lavender lemonade :banderas:

Imma go to home depot tomorrow to pick some stuff up before it gets too late in the year.

Raava

Staff member
Daps

I just experimented with some honey and lavender cupcakes :wow: I messed them up though :guilty:

I want to be like @ExpensiveThrillz when my garden grows up.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
Only thing ive grown successfully was a amaryllis . And that cuz u drop the bulb n the ground n just keep it moist. I tried to grow some weed last year, but they flowered n died. So i quit.

Daps
@nubianqueenbee thank you for your contributions! You really sound like a pro at this lol.
Thanks Sis, but no, I,m no expert. I just like to share the knowledge that I have and build up the sisterhood among us.
I think being able to grow something.that you can then use to help feed yourself and your family is really special. Then, if you have any left over you can learn how to can it, freeze it, pickle it, or otherwise preserve it to eat later. That's another life skill you can share or pass down to the next generation. You can also share extra food you have grown with your friends or neighborhood in need, or to senior citizens at your church-maybe you can even get them started with gardening.

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
I have a vegetable/fruit garden in NC. My parents have been tending to it in my absence :(

I'm going to attempt to start another one out here and see what happens.

• Dap

Phoenix_Knightly23

Supporter
Daps
@cloudbox look at this
il_570xN.701753529_lgep.jpg

il_570xN.677977165_k2pf.jpg

Found them on Etsy

https://www.etsy.com/listing/209955416/succulent-treasures-candy-box-the?ref=related-0

Aren't they gorgeous? :wow:

Phoenix_Knightly23

Supporter
Daps
Chile, those are really pretty! How are you going to take care of them? Are you going to transplant them outside or into containers and keep them inside?

Strictly indoors. There's too many damn bunnies out here and they'd probably have a field day on those succulents :sadcam:

• Dap