Do Any Of You Here Wear Wigs?

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
I agree with @CinnaSlim you have to play with it. I recently bought one and when I tell you the parting was invisible, it really was. I plucked the parting to my liking and took a razor comb to it and took a little hair off. One of the best ways to play with it is to position it on your head before you start altering the wig just yet.

Giselle

Daps
I agree with @CinnaSlim you have to play with it. I recently bought one and when I tell you the parting was invisible, it really was. I plucked the parting to my liking and took a razor comb to it and took a little hair off. One of the best ways to play with it is to position it on your head before you start altering the wig just yet.
Which one did you buy?

Giselle

Daps
Here is another one I was looking at. If I were to get it, I'd cut it. I'm not sure how to cut it though.

All of these videos shows the same wig, but they all look different. If I were to get it, I'd want to cut it and wear it like the girl in the last video.

@ 4:08

She made hers look very real.
maxresdefault.jpg

Daps
I was thinking about trying some wigs bc I don't like doing my hair every other day.

I have never worn fake hair before and I am nervous about it looking fake. I also feel like wearing one of those wigs wouldn't look right unless you have on a full face of make up like they do, which I don't usually wear. Maybe I should start?

I looked at lots of videos of these wigs and posted the best ones. Some people who had those same exact wigs looked terrible in them. Hopefully if I do get them, that won't be me. I really don't understand how it could look so garbage if it's the same exact wig.

Anyway, do you wear wigs? If so, how old were you when you began wearing them? Do you wear them with or without makeup most of the time? What brands do you usually buy? How do you make them look more real? Can you post a pic of them?

Here are the wigs I was looking at.
the world has not seen my natural hair for the last 2 years. i've been wearing wigs, braids, weaves, etc

when it comes to wigs, i had a lot of hit and misses. most of the misses happened when i first started out

so for starters wigs need to be manipulated to look natural. this includes tweezing, combing, cutting, repositioning parts, using makeup to fix certain areas, etc.

secondly, when watching wig reviews online, see how the wig looks on several different people. just because 1 person has it looking fly doesn't mean that the wig really looks like that. if it looks a mess on 6 people then its probably an ugly ass wig, the ones it does look good on probably got the lighting and camera angles just right

thirdly, go to the wig store and try on a bunch of wigs to see which style you like and which brands look the most realistic. while its cheaper to buy online, seeing the brands can help you weed out the undesirables. if you can, take a friend with you that can be honest about how it looks. in the past i went with what the BS workers said and they would just say anything to get a sale, which sucked for me because i was the one stuck with the product once i got home.

as for styling, i have worn wigs without makeup and with my thick ass glasses (i have a serious astigmatism in both eyes so my glasses are thick AF) the models online were makeup because they are trying to show the "full look" but unless you are one of those people who feel the need to wear makeup every day then you don't have to. if you have to have a full glam look for the wig to look nice, then the wig is probably ugly or just not natural looking

my favorite wig is isis scandal 3 and i got the 3 layer color (SM2/30/33). the texture was similar to my natural hair if i blew it out and the color looked great against my skin tone. it started looking ratty after 3 months of daily wear
here is a video review of the hair

there was another wig (outre) that i liked but retired after someone said i looked like my mom. i don't think they met any harm but i just retired the hair and went straighter.

i brought a lot of wigs from wigtypes.com

they do accept returns as long as the lace isn't cut and the tags are still attached.

Cheeky

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Calgary

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I wear wigs from time to time- I have a really nice one I purchased last year from TheHairnista (@fabulasityisme1) • Instagram photos and videos (super expensive but very natural). I just got into crochet braids recently and I just started looking at clip-ins.

I just ordered this wig a few days ago :laugh:
I heard Model Model Jamaican Twist is softer and twist out texture as opposed to marley hair.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Let me know how you like Tatiana.

Daps
@Token @Cheeky et al how long do clip ins last? are they worth the money? i kinda like the u part option but they are kinda pricey.....i want to make sure its worth the money.

how do you guys like the tatiana wig? i like it but i am so sure about the hairline

Last edited:

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
@Token @Cheeky, et al how long do clip ins last? are they worth the money? i kinda like the part option but they are kinda pricey.....i want to make sure its worth the money.
From what I've read, they can last about a year. If they are cared for.

I've only had mine for about 4 months and they are still really nice (I don't wear them every day tho, I'm sure that plays a part).

I spent almost 300 on 2 sets and I would most likely buy them again when the time comes. My hair isn't very full so I use them to get a bigger fro and they get the job done.

Daps
From what I've read, they can last about a year. If they are cared for.

I've only had mine for about 4 months and they are still really nice (I don't wear them every day tho, I'm sure that plays a part).

I spent almost 300 on 2 sets and I would most likely buy them again when the time comes. My hair isn't very full so I use them to get a bigger fro and they get the job done.
i would probably be wearing them daily for 6 or 7 months out of the year. my hair isn't thin per se styles that include length and fullness look better. it also seems like it takes a lot of time to keep the hair blended and i don't have a lot of free time or energy. thanks for the feedback, i'll have to give it some thought