Do Any Of You Here Wear Wigs?

Giselle

Daps
I was thinking about trying some wigs bc I don't like doing my hair every other day.

I have never worn fake hair before and I am nervous about it looking fake. I also feel like wearing one of those wigs wouldn't look right unless you have on a full face of make up like they do, which I don't usually wear. Maybe I should start?

I looked at lots of videos of these wigs and posted the best ones. Some people who had those same exact wigs looked terrible in them. Hopefully if I do get them, that won't be me. I really don't understand how it could look so garbage if it's the same exact wig.

Anyway, do you wear wigs? If so, how old were you when you began wearing them? Do you wear them with or without makeup most of the time? What brands do you usually buy? How do you make them look more real? Can you post a pic of them?

Here are the wigs I was looking at.

I like this one the best. It reminds me of my hair in a braid out except my hair looks much shorter.

This one is 2nd. This one looks like it'd be the easiest to work with.

I like this one too only when it's down the middle. It looks a little too shiny/fake though.

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
I just started wearing them this year. the first one I got was this
outre-quick-weave-synthetic-half-wig-bohemian-long-57a.jpg

Which I like but it was a half wig and even when I blowed out my hair I didn't care for the how it blended in so I would wear it with a head band. Then I got this one
B_Outre--Annie_500.jpg

Which if I don't tell anyone it's a wig they swear it's my hair cause the texture is exactly like my hair blown out and pretty much the same leghth tho my hair isn't as long in the front.
I bought two more but gave one away and haven't worn the other one (it's one of those twisted units) I'm still trying to figure out how to make the front look natural but I might give up on it idk yet.
I don't really wear makeup like that so most of the times I rock em make up free but I do look good as fukk when I decide to do a lil something to my face. None of them are human hair, all synthetic. Both are Outre and the twisted one is Sensational. I feel you on doing ur hair everyday, I can only wear mine out for so long before it gets horribly tangled which makes for a long wash day. Ur best bet is to go on YouTube and watch tutorials cause them chicks can create magic and make that shyt look like it's growing out of they're head.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
@Giselle To answer your question. A wig straight out the box usually needs to be played with and styled. It's a wig, they are massed produced like one size fits most. You have to find how to make it look best on you a unique individual.

Synthetic hair is cheap but usually shiny and tangles. Best for when you change up your style a lot or on a budget
Human hair is more expensive but lasts longer and can be curled with tools