Do any of yall practice Native/Diasporic African Religions? (Afro-Sprituality Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'm Yoruba and was initiated into the Ifa religion in Nigeria in my mothers village. If I told you the way things have changed in my life since then you will think I'm lying :shaq:

But it's not for the weak minded and the weak hearted.

I honestly dont like this whole "I`m gonna google my way into this system" that I see going on. A lot of this stuff should not be talked about and a lot of people do not deserve this knowledge BUT there is the obvious historical events that tore people apart where those who deserve this knowledge may never have access to it.

GetitGone

not friendly.
Daps
I honestly dont like this whole "I`m gonna google my way into this system" that I see going on. A lot of this stuff should not be talked about and a lot of people do not deserve this knowledge BUT there is the obvious historical events that tore people apart where those who deserve this knowledge may never have access to it.

Google what? It's in my blood and it was in my fathers blood and his fathers blood. And this is a thread on the Internet with my identity obscured.. Don't get your point Oga.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Google what? It's in my blood and it was in my fathers blood and his fathers blood. And this is a thread on the Internet with my identity obscured.. Don't get your point Oga.
I`m making a general statement. ie. chicks on IG painting themselves white and shirtless wearing head wraps all for picture likes. A lot of this stuff isn't really meant to be talking about.

GetitGone

not friendly.
Daps
I`m making a general statement. ie. chicks on IG painting themselves white and shirtless wearing head wraps all for picture likes. A lot of this stuff isn't really meant to be talking about.

Talking about Oshun hash tagging #Eledumare lol i get what you're saying now.

But you know people are going to do what they think is cool when all is said and done they'll be exposed.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Talking about Oshun hash tagging #Eledumare lol i get what you're saying now.

But you know people are going to do what they think is cool when all is said and done they'll be exposed.

people who do all that talking tend to be the ones who end up missing or come back "crazy" when ever they do go back home "into the bush".

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
There are already white folks appropriating African religions and claiming it to be of Celtic origin

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
There are already white folks appropriating African religions and claiming it to be of Celtic origin

It doesnt surprise me. Typically White Missionaries when they went to Africa called all of the indigenous beliefs Satantic in order to move the younger generations away from it. And then you have the whites who of course want to learn all their iss to know and you have people who were greedy and let secrets out. For many groups you dont learn this knowledge/can't learn it unless you are from that specific tribe and or were chosen to be the person to carry on this knowledge. Theres a reason why in most Black Communities people go see the Medicine Man/Lady when ish gets real as that kind of knowledge being in the wrong hands causes for trouble.

I always found it interesting growing up when people got sick instead of going to the doctor they would save money so they can go to Liberia and "Got to the Bush" and get right :sas2:.