Do any of yall practice Native/Diasporic African Religions? (Afro-Sprituality Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I do not practice any, but I have read a bit about Yoruba spirituality before and it had me :whoo:. We definitely need to learn about our real roots -- our nations and tribes still exist in Afrika... they still keep the traditions... we need to learn them.

Yo I was just saying this to myself today. All the holidays we celebrate are European and most of us all we know are European languages. I started trying to learn Twi but there's not a lot of resources online for it. I wanna get deeper into African culture.

But that's real as fukk about our tribe is out there somewhere. Our real name, language, culture, and religion is still out there, we just gotta find it :blessed:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Yo I was just saying this to myself today. All the holidays we celebrate are European and most of us all we know are European languages. I started trying to learn Twi but there's not a lot of resources online for it. I wanna get deeper into African culture.

But that's real as fukk about our tribe is out there somewhere. Our real name, language, culture, and religion is still out there, we just gotta find it :blessed:
Id think Twi would have a lot o f resources online :ehh:. If u in the ny area theres plenty Ghanaians u can prolly find something around here

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY

I translated my exact name from Englishto Yoruba recently... Oluwarotimi Fijinjesu Ifarada

I use Ancestry and on some real shyt they have to be the most on point, 23 and me just give you a broad base while Ancestry pin points it out for you

Im 54% Euro, 40% Afro. 5% Amerindian and 1% Palestinian

Euro tribes are are Spanish. German and Greek
Afro Tribes are Yoruba, Ashanti and Tuareg
Amerindian is Unknown but Im guessing Taino
West Asian is from the Levant (Israel, Syria)
No East Asian or Hindu

and thats just on mom dukes side :lupe:

Im gonna research all these faiths and cultures since I already got Yoruba downpat, hoprfully ;
Only 99$ :ehh:

:

Last edited:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I use Ancestry and on some real shyt they have to be the most on point, 23 and me just give you a broad base while Ancestry pin points it out for you

Im 54% Euro, 40% Afro. 5% Amerindian and 1% Palestinian

Euro tribes are are Spanish. German and Greek
Afro Tribes are Yoruba, Ashanti and Tuareg
Amerindian is Unknown but Im guessing Taino
West Asian is from the Levant (Israel, Syria)
No East Asian or Hindu

and thats just on mom dukes side

You can only know about your mother's side?

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
I don't really want to practice but I'm very interested in learning about them.
Especially Voodoo/Vodun

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I was watching some reality show where they had a wicken witch, a vampire, a nudist, and a voodoo priest in the same hous with a bunch of christian contestants. All the christians were fairly comfortable doing vampiric and wicken rituals with the blonde white witch and the marilyn manson looking vampire cac, or even getting naked... but they weren't having none of the voodoo by the african voodoo priest.

I stopped watching after the pilot cause they voted the black guy off episode one, and I only watch reality shows as long as their are black contestants.
I am on season 6 or 7 of hell's kitchen and only made it to one season finale so far.:mjlol:
I've seen 20+ seasons of survivor and only ever got to the end a handful of times.:ehh:

Forgot about this thread... but I found the show again. If anyone wants to see.'
The Voodoo ritual is toward the middle somewhere.

Its for tv tho so they arent killing chickens or whatever... but its the only time I ever saw what is supposed to be actual voodoo in reality, not in a completely scripted setting.
:manny: