DNA reveals five strangers share same wrestling dad - and The Rock is their half-brother

Forlife44

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Five total strangers have found out they’re actually related – and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is their half-brother.

The five half-siblings – Lisa Purves, Paula Parsons, Trevor Edwards, Adrian Bowles and Aaron Fowler – have come together after discovering their lineage and finding out they were all fathered by late WWE Hall of Famer Rocky Johnson, who died in 2020.

Speaking to Sports Illustrated, the quintet has opened up on their respective journeys through life, while none of them had a relationship with the legendary wrestler, who had Curtis and Wanda with his first wife Una, and then Dwayne with Ata Maivia.

Filmmaker Lisa, 53, first reached out to Rocky when she was 18, and again a few years later before one more call at 30, but he hung up.

She initially wanted to make a documentary about children whose parents had intentionally separated from them, and she was eventually convinced to make the film about herself.

‘I never wanted to run into Dwayne and have anyone know I was his b*stard sister,’ she said, admitting anytime she saw the Hollywood actor she was reminded that he grew up with Rocky as his dad.

Paula, 58, also tried to call Rocky – once when she was relatively young and later aged 16 – but they never met.

She explained: ‘We just want to be recognised. We sat on the back burner forever. [Rocky] was our dad just as well as Dwayne’s.’

Meanwhile, Trevor, 55, had always been told he looked like Dwayne, and in 2017 he eventually tracked down Ricky Johnson, who agreed to a DNA test which confirmed Ricky as his uncle.

While working on the original idea for her documentary, Lisa had seen Ricky in a photo online and decided to get in touch – and her uncle replied ‘right away’.

She revealed: ‘He reached out right away, and we talked and I cried, and he cried. And then he told me about Paula, Trevor and Adrian. So I reached out to all three of them. This all happened in one day. I was so excited—what a day!’

Ricky, 68, had no reservations about bringing his nephews and nieces together, and he admitted he ‘keeps reinforcing’ his love for them.

Meanwhile, the five half-siblings have also made it clear they’re not looking for ‘anything’ from Dwayne, and Paula notes they simply ‘want to be recognised’ as Rocky’s kids.

‘Dwayne has nothing to do with the decisions that his dad made; he doesn’t even know who we are,’ Adrian added, while Lisa said: ‘Dwayne doesn’t owe us anything.’

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
I mean... I'm sure plenty of celebs have plenty of children out here but we never hear about them.

:yeshrug:

It's kinda foul that ole girl reached out and he hung up on her tho :mjlol:

Facts. A few weeks ago, I read some shyt about (actor) Jack Nicholson. He gotta WHOLE daughter out here, he refuses to claim or acknowledge. :mjlol:

Tessa Gourin

ATISHA_PAULSON_TESSA_GOURIN_3-900x9999.jpg

Jack-Nicholson-Love-Child-Tessa-Gourin-Steals-His-Famous-Looks-pp.jpg

MV5BYjEyMWVkNWEtZWU4YS00YzdiLWI4NDMtMGI5M2MxMzQ2MDdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxNzk0MzAz._V1_UX178_CR0,0,178,264_AL_.jpg

These would be her siblings, who he DOES claim, and raised...

Jack-and-kids.jpg

Tessa:

000009700036a.jpg

He claims the Tessa chick (who has an uncanny resemblance to her brother) isn't his, and doesn't know what the mom is talking about. :troll:

I couldn't have an ENTIRE twin to me, runnin around out here, and not claim em. I'd feel some type of way about that. :hubie:

Interesting, this is a probably a big thing with A LOT of celebs, like a previous poster pointed out, yet they only decided to do an entire editorial in Sports Illustrated, about the father of The Rock. :mjpls:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This is nothing new with celebrities. Remember Joe Jackson had a whole side daughter who Michael, Jermaine & the rest refuse to acknowledge because of Joe’s betrayal of their mother. She said she met Janet once and Janet was nice until she referred to Joe as “Father”. Janet got mad because they were never allowed to call him that growing up and she hasn’t seen any of them sense.

Its sad but its not on The Rock to acknowledge them. He doesn’t know them at all. If the father had any type of estate they should sue for recognition as his heirs but if I were The Rock himself i’d stay far far away from them.