DMX It's Dark And Hell Is Hot 20th Anniversary Thread

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Fantastic album. There are some songs I never cared for (e.g. I Can Feel, The Convo, nikkaz Started Somethin. @ me isn't going to get you a response, unverified fraud :umad:) but this was probably my most played album of '98. The biggest surprise to me is "How It's Goin Down". I didn't care for the song back then. But being in the sands of Arabia, I never saw the video for it. So seeing the video years later (the video version is much better imo) sealed it for me.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned ATF yet. That was the joint that really sealed it for me back then. Still some of the best sound editing I've ever heard on a hip hop track.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
I just lost my mind when he crossed the line
Sent his back through his chest then I tossed the nine:damn:

I might still know this whole album verbatim. I remember I had a mix of Get At Me Dog of the song verses mixed with the LOX verses and a 4th verse from X..

X's verse on this:wow:

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I just lost my mind when he crossed the line
Sent his back through his chest then I tossed the nine:damn:

I might still know this whole album verbatim. I remember I had a mix of Get At Me Dog of the song verses mixed with the LOX verses and a 4th verse from X..
I know every word even the adlibs.

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
this was the biggest album I have ever seen (was to young when Snoop came through and crushed the buildings in 93). I remember the day it dropped, half the school ditched or came late cuz everyone went to Sam Goody to cop this album. The principal of my school ended the daily announcements the day this album dropped with, "Have a DMX day today".

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
Fantastic album. There are some songs I never cared for (e.g. I Can Feel, The Convo, nikkaz Started Somethin. @ me isn't going to get you a response, unverified fraud :umad:) but this was probably my most played album of '98. The biggest surprise to me is "How It's Goin Down". I didn't care for the song back then. But being in the sands of Arabia, I never saw the video for it. So seeing the video years later (the video version is much better imo) sealed it for me.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned ATF yet. That was the joint that really sealed it for me back then. Still some of the best sound editing I've ever heard on a hip hop track.

:picard: did you really have to lie? In your own words, You started listening to hip hop IN 98 via angelfire and mostly just the singles.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/waiting-for-biatch-edit-check-out-sirbiatch-yall.450950/