Dj Akademiks is in denial of his age...or lived under a rock his entire life.

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
Yo whats the deal with this cornball ass nikka? :what:

dj-akademiks-5.jpg

So I'm watching the Everyday Struggle Episode with Ashanti fine ass, and he revealed on the show he is 26

I'm sittin here like....:gucci: Cause I'm tryna figure out how the fukk this nikka has the musical knowledge/taste of a 19 year old.

He be clowning Joe Budden like "Pump it up" was before his time.... But nikka I remember "Pump it up" VIVIDLY, and DJ Akademiks is a year older than me.

:gucci:

How the fukk this nikka don't know nothin bout the 90's? And why the fukk this nikka act like shyt from the 2000's was so before his time?:what:
I thought this nikka was like 22 or younger this whole time.

He was acting like he barely remember Ashanti... nikka I still remember all her songs by heart from way back then. Come the fukk on bruh.... he is either in denial or this lame ass nikka was home schooled and couldn't listen to music until he was 16.

Last edited:

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
He's trying to fit in with the younger generation that came up in this decade since they're now becoming the influence in today's hip hop climate.

nikka I fukk with the new shyt too....But this nikka's musical knowledge literally starts at 2010, and now knowing his age i can't see how anybody can possibly take this nikkas opinions about music seriously anymore.

:dahell: How the fukk is that even possible? I can recite some old Biggie, Junior Mafia, or even Lil Kim songs that I been knowing by heart since a child... but I bet this nikka cant tell me one Biggie quote.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He can be lame sometimes but as far as what OP said, it's mostly jokes and part of his shtick for the show. It's not that serious.

He often mentions how much of a dipset fan he is, how much of a gunit fan, etc. I think he even said he fukked with some of the mood muzik series and gave props to joe for being one of the earlier guys on the emo wave.

Also someone could be around your age and not have listened to the same music.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He’s the kind of dude that was doing the Soulja boy and doing the stanky leg. He’s basically a new millennium head. He can’t tell you shyt about The Firm or Big Daddy Kane but he’ll tell you about some damn Tyga or some lil fukkies as Joe Budden calls them. Now there is nothing wrong with that, music is subjective, you can’t tell anybody what they should be listening to and what they should like.

It’s just odd that a dude born in the early 90’s has the taste of a 17 year old. I thought breh was like 27-28. He’s only 2 years older than me.

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
He's lame :yeshrug: oldest thing Iv ever heard him reference was cams come home with me. Beyond that it's like he has done zero hiphop homework for a guy that spends 80 percent of the time in the computer. He knows dipset but doesn't remember Ashanti? He's from nj but doesn't remember pump it up? Wasn't an x fan ? Thinks em is an old head? The math doesn't add up. He should have been in this prime 106 and park watching age around the time em and Ashanti were poppin