Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the issue here is the word choice.

A man being the dominant one in the relationship while the woman being submissive doesn’t mean he doesn’t respect her. And you can check your girl while being respectful too.

No sane woman wants to be with a guy who is an a$$hole. Respect on both parts is the foundation of any successful relationship, friendship etc. Hell even parents should respect their children too.

Why do you think the saying ‘treat others the way you want to be treated’ is such a popular saying? Because respect is mandatory and is the foundation.

I do not want a ghetto man shouting at me in the middle of the streets about how he’s ‘the prize’ with other ghetto women trying to fight me.

I agree. I think we might just have different opinions on the word respect. To me respect only goes to a peer. Someone who you view as being the same. I tend to look at relationships with women like I do with children (sorry if this offends you). I would not "respect" my children. I would love them, cherish them, and do anything for them. But that's not a relationship based on respect because they follow my leadership and are subservient to me. And this subservient relationship isn't one of exploitation but rather of love. As the parent I know what's better for them. And most good children accept that.

The relationship between man and woman is no different. If a woman loves admires and respects a man she will freely submit to his leadership. This is a relationship build on love not respect. He knows better and she accepts that. Just as children accept the authority of their parents. The difference is she can leave his authority at any time if he is no longer the man she loves admires and respects. So I'm not advocating that women stay in relationships with men they don't want. I'm just saying when one person has authority over the other then it's not about respect. It's about something higher.

Hazel Brown

All Star
Daps
I agree. I think we might just have different opinions on the word respect. To me respect only goes to a peer. Someone who you view as being the same. I tend to look at relationships with women like I do with children (sorry if this offends you). I would not "respect" my children. I would love them, cherish them, and do anything for them. But that's not a relationship based on respect because they follow my leadership and are subservient to me. And this subservient relationship isn't one of exploitation but rather of love. As the parent I know what's better for them. And most good children accept that.

The relationship between man and woman is no different. If a woman loves admires and respects a man she will freely submit to his leadership. This is a relationship build on love not respect. He knows better and she accepts that. Just as children accept the authority of their parents. The difference is she can leave his authority at any time if he is no longer the man she loves admires and respects. So I'm not advocating that women stay in relationships with men they don't want. I'm just saying when one person has authority over the other then it's not about respect. It's about something higher.
Appreciate this. But we obviously have to agree to disagree. I don’t believe that just because your children or your wife are subservient towards you that you wouldn’t or shouldn’t respect them. By that logic, does the same apply in the workplace between a manager and their employees?

If a woman loves admires and respects a man she will freely submit to his leadership.
Facts.

This is a relationship build on love not respect. He knows better and she accepts that.
It’s built on both in my opinion. A man that loves but does not respect his woman is a set up for failure and misery because a lack of respect is detrimental.
I'm just saying when one person has authority over the other then it's not about respect. It's about something higher.
She respects him as the leader and head of the household. He respects her as the mother and nurturer of the home and family. He doesn’t cuss her out in public or in front of the kids when he gets angry at her because he respects her.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
By that logic, does the same apply in the workplace between a manager and their employees?

Yes. You have no right to that job. If you got a problem with the way your boss is treating you then you can leave. Similarly if you have a problem with how your man treats you in a relationship then you can also leave. At some point women just need to accept accountability and pick better men who are worthy of following.

A man worth submitting to is typically not gonna do anything that would require you to say he needs to respect you. Just as a good parent is almost never going to do something that would make the child think their parents don't want what's best for them.