Divorce Divorce Divorce

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
It's crazy the older I get it seems like every other week close friends of mine, family members, or past friends are getting divorced.

I keep getting calls to be the shoulder to lean on and I try and listen but the stories I hear are so depressing.

Anyone else seeing this or is it society as a whole?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm at an age where people around me have been together for 15+ years.

Reminds me of a line Louis CK said once.
Something like "my wife and I have been together for 20 years...so we're almost done"

:mjlol:

He got divorced not long after that.

I guess things just run their course after a while.
When you're in your 40s and you have couples that have been together since HS or college ....it feels inevitable.

I sometimes wonder how people deal with marriage by this time. You've been together forever. The conversations are the same. The kids are graduating HS and going to college. They've been your focus for 15+ years. Now it's an empty house. You and your spouse. And you have to figure out how to be a couple again and focus on each other.

And the shyt seems to break down more often than not.

The sucky thing is that being single in your 40s or 50s is strange. The freedom has to be great. But the dating scene must be horrific.

Edit -- I just wanted to add, there probably is a "Second Childhood" component to this stuff that leads to divorce. Or maybe you call it a midlife crisis. But I do see some kind of desire to relive the old days. Or try to act like you're still young and you can party and get all kinds of romantic attention. And I suppose you can. But there are risks involved. I see it with some of my friends now. And no matter how much you try to warn them about how ugly things can get, some people seem intent on self destruction.

Last edited:

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
I'm at an age where people around me have been together for 15+ years.

Reminds me of a line Louis CK said once.
Something like "my wife and I have been together for 20 years...so we're almost done"

:mjlol:

He got divorced not long after that.

I guess things just run their course after a while.
When you're in your 40s and you have couples that have been together since HS or college ....it feels inevitable.

I sometimes wonder how people deal with marriage by this time. You've been together forever. The conversations are the same. The kids are graduating HS and going to college. They've been your focus for 15+ years. Now it's an empty house. You and your spouse. And you have to figure out how to be a couple again and focus on each other.

And the shyt seems to break down more often than not.

The sucky thing is that being single in your 40s or 50s is strange. The freedom has to be great. But the dating scene must be horrific.

Great point. Ive never been married and i grew up with a single mother but i never thought about it that way

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
s22l84x.jpg

:manny:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
idk i stay out married people business

once they start spraying each other business shyt over wit IMO

exactly. I don't wanna hear shyt bout no married folks lol. nikkas be asking be about my travels and I`m like worry about ya family man lol these streets aint for you