"Divergent: Insurgent" Official thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
And let's be real, this was never a series that was going to have a really happy ending.
The ending of Mockingjay is awkward, clumsy and rushed. I think the author was just burned out.

Marie Lu's Legend is an example of how to do a YA trilogy and end it properly. The ending there was a compromise wasn't happy but wasn't a downer. The audience doesn't exactly get what they want in the end and in the epilogue the author gives a wink and a nod and closes it out.

The dude and the main chick don't end up together. he has some sort of brain tumor and has an operation and loses much of his memories and all of them with her. the secondary love interest who lost out on the love triangle doesn't get to play rebound either. the two main characters go their separate ways and live out their lives for well over a decade and end up meeting again and he still doesn't remember her when he meets her again but he has some sort of feeling about her. It's never actually stated then end up together or not after that meeting the book ends.

compare that to the end of Mockingjay if i remember it correctly.
A bomb goes off and kills Katniss' sister at the very end of the book. The sister is killed off just to add to the downer ending. Katniss is burned very badly and she ends up with Peta as a bitter bytch and I didn't think she even fully liked him anymore.

Downer endings are hard to pull off and Mockingjay botches it pretty badly.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I don't know why I watched this movie or the first but they're both monuments to poorly thought out ideas, crap execution, and plot holes the size of Area 51

will watch the 3rd movie regardless :coffee:
Man I just saw this turd. I thought it would improve from the first buts it's an even bigger piece of shyt :mjlol:

How these YA authors caking off this shyt I have no ideas :francis:

Last edited:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Man I just saw this turd. I thought it would improve from the first buts it's an even bigger piece of shyt :mjlol:

How these YA authors Camino off this shyt I have no ideas :francis:
After reading the synopsis of the last book (fukk actually reading this trash) the next two movies will make even less sense and be horrendously bad....

shyt, the last hunger games will be trash too. I can't wait for this teen novel fad to end

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I finally saw Insurgent this weekend... from the top of a mountain and using binoculars.
post-38682-Shawn-Michaels-binoculars-gif-cyMQ.gif

Just kidding. It was pretty good. I think they were stretching the truth when Tris cut her own hair with a pair of regular scissors and it comes out like a hair stylist cut it. :comeon:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Lol just finished watching movies 1 and 2 and I don't get what was so complicated to understand.

Piff movies to me. I'd gladly watch em anytime they're on tv.
The storyline was trash. Especially the third book's story. I dropped it half way through the book because it was such a departure from what became before it with the factions and all that. I ended up reading what happened in summary at the end. It wasn't a good ending.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
The storyline was trash. Especially the third book's story. I dropped it half way through the book because it was such a departure from what became before it with the factions and all that. I ended up reading what happened in summary at the end. It wasn't a good ending.

Why would you guys expect the third book to deal with factions? The entire purpose of the story is to breakdown the concept of factions and one size fits all aptitude tests. In the second movie (I've only watched the movies), Tris' brother says that the message was designed for a Divergent to decode when we're close to a factionless world. You guys didn't realize that by the end of the second story that all the factions had cast their differences aside to help each other?

It was even more glaring when Tris tells her brother that their parents would be ashamed of him and he replies, "Well I've sacrificed you, my own sister, to keep order and save all of our people. What's more selfless than that?" I was like this muhfukka is still trapped in the matrix. He doesn't realize that his sister is trying to show him that as a human he has a complex personality - one that requires him to embrace the other 4 facets of his character.

Once you break down "the wall" - symbolism here - it's time to explore the why's and what's that lead you to creating a personal prison.

:yeshrug: I just thought it was obvious as this is the take home message in all of these stories dating back to the Lord of the Flies.