Disney is not playing in 2019.

momma

All Star
Daps
This is gonna backfire releasing all those movies so close together.

They didn't learn from the disasters that were Solo and A Wrinkle in Time? :stopitslime:

A Wrinkle In Time sucked and there was no hype around Solo. A live action Lion King and Aladdin, Toy Story 4, Avengers 4, Frozen 2, and Star Wars 9 are all likely going to make a billion. Those are their 6 big money makers and they're all spaced out pretty well so cannibalism isn't really that big a concern

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
giphy.gif

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think they dropped the ball on Captain Marvel. Its not generating enough hype. My crowd of friends is still just talking about A4. Im only on deck for those 2 movies and the last star wars i guess, but yeah they going hard for 2019. That new streaming service will have EXCLUSIVE MCU tv shows too. They are not playing around at all. Many gonna subscribe......im not gonna but many will. They want that premium subscription money too now as well as the cinema and merchandice money. greedy bastrds.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
a couple of their movies are gonna cannibalize themselves being bunched so close together but it won't matter. I hope Aladdin is good.

This is gonna backfire releasing all those movies so close together.

They didn't learn from the disasters that were Solo and A Wrinkle in Time? :stopitslime:

Meh. A4 is guaranteed to be pushed back into late April again and that'll give it a month before Aladdin.

I don't see much crossover between the crowd seeing Captain Marvel and Dumbo personally.

Either way all these movies are printing money.

I don't think people were gonna see A Wrinkle in Time no matter when it was released. And Solo was too much too soon for Star Wars, especially after the mixed reaction to Last Jedi.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
They definitely could have spaced these shyts out.....

It makes little sense to have your films cut off the long bread of others on your roster
Box Office is so front loaded in the first two weeks of release it won't matter.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Lion King might go down as the single highest grossing movie ever...

Depending on frozen 2
Frozen #1 box office for kids film
shyt is stupid popular still
If part 2 has another hit song or 2 and better storyline it's a wrap

:damn: incredibles 2 only 50 mil behind it but probably wont beat it tho