Disney cuts ties with GOTG director James Gunn over pedo tweets! (Hollyweird)

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Sir dont be too down on him any black person looking to get pay from mainstream media outlets will sooner or later will have to toe the line.

He sounds like someone who’s been behind the curtain and knows who’s calling the shots...

Us poor working class hood black folks with our outdated backward Christian values need to get with the times! :mjlol:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess we're suppose to believe this sick shyt wasn't his key to networking his way into hollywood though? :comeon:

This is the second pedophile director who made multi-billion dollar super hero franchises for hollywood too (bryan singer - XMEN movies)

drug-pool-party2.png

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

Dressed like a priest taking selfies with little boys :picard:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This whole situation has been bugged out to me. I thought since our natural inclination to protect children was so strong, since it was so taboo, and since children are so vulnerable and lack agency, that pedophilia comments would be the one thing everyone would be hyper-vigilant about, and since society is hyper-vigilant about everything else, I thought there would definitely be an outcry here, especially when Gunn is in an industry with a lot of pedo accusations surrounding it. Instead I learn there's a whole subset of our culture who regularly make pedo and rape jokes, and a large group of people will just hand wave them away as no big deal:wtf: I find it hard to believe that anyone would leave their children around Gunn after seeing him make those comments.Society will dog pile on people for minor offenses, but will fight tooth and nail for their favorite suspected pedo director, like that's the hill you wanna die on? It's such bad optics, it's mind boggling.

I've seen comments like "You've never made a rape or pedo joke in your life before:usure:?" :what: I've never thought to make one and I never heard one from anyone I grew up with, not a single one, and it's not just because it's taboo, it's because it's not at the forefront of our fukking minds.Just goes to show you can't trust a lot of people, keep your kids close ya'll.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This whole situation has been bugged out to me. I thought since our natural inclination to protect children was so strong, since it was so taboo, and since children are so vulnerable and lack agency, that pedophilia comments would be the one thing everyone would be hyper-vigilant about, and since society is hyper-vigilant about everything else, I thought there would definitely be an outcry here, especially when Gunn is in an industry with a lot of pedo accusations surrounding it. Instead I learn there's a whole subset of our culture who regularly make pedo and rape jokes, and a large group of people will just hand wave them away as no big deal:wtf: I find it hard to believe that anyone would leave their children around Gunn after seeing him make those comments.Society will dog pile on people for minor offenses, but will fight tooth and nail for their favorite suspected pedo director, like that's the hill you wanna die on? It's such bad optics, it's mind boggling.

I've seen comments like "You've never made a rape or pedo joke in your life before:usure:?" :what: I've never thought to make one and I never heard one from anyone I grew up with, not a single one, and it's not just because it's taboo, it's because it's not at the forefront of our fukking minds.Just goes to show you can't trust a lot of people, keep your kids close ya'll.
I agree whole heartedly, people are really blowing my mind with this right now.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN

I agree whole heartedly, people are really blowing my mind with this right now.

people that don't stand on any real principles, have no true beliefs and have only been following and doing as they're told all their lives are being completely exposed right now

like you just said, our natural instincts is to protect children without even thinking - to even joke about molesting kids is something that sets off any normal human being

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
He’s not so much defending him, but calling Disney hypocrites for some of their past moves.

Always so quick with the :cape:

Do we have examples of white celebrities doing the same for black celebrities when they get in trouble? I genuinely want know cos it seems like it’s always one way.
One of my biggest pet peeves. I’ve NEVER seen a white celebrity even say “he’s a good guy” when a black celebrity is involved in a scandal.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
He’s not so much defending him, but calling Disney hypocrites for some of their past moves.

first off I simply said what the title of the article said

secondly, we're talking about a dude who repeatedly tweeted out about molesting children - ALSO posted links to child pr0n

:whoa: we can all agree that this happened. no bias or emotion, right?

and to that Kareem says:
"If we start going back through Disney movies in the past, how much blatant sexism, racism and homophobia will we find? Disney would rightfully claim that, though those offenses may have occurred, the company has evolved since then. Which is the same claim Gunn has made regarding his tweets." "Why does Disney deserve our admiration for changing, but Gunn gets our scorn?"

now we're saying "forgive" people who joke about molesting small children? when did we as a society start doing THIS!?!? :mindblown: