Disney confirms they lost 400 million on indy 5 and the marvels

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I love Harrison Ford, but he’s too old to play Indy… they should have switched actors every few movies like James Bond.

Marvel fell off hard after Endgame… they haven’t had any real direction or cohesive plan since. Almost all the best characters are either retired, dead, or partially owned by other companies and they’re taking too long with the characters people really want (F4, Dr Doom, X-men, Blade).

Unrelated, but Disney messed up Star Wars in all kinds of ways.
Bringing Palpatine back defeats the point of Anakin redeeming himself and becoming the chosen one.
Rain Johnson turned Luke into a coward who tried to off his own nephew over a bad dream, which was completely out of character for him.
There was no plan for these movies.
All the OG heroes had their hard fought victories undone between trilogies…
Just so they could be given away to Kathleen Kennedy’s self-insert who didn’t earn it.

Edit: the Luke, Han, and Leia never got to share ONE scene together in the sequel trilogy. Let that sink in.
The last Jedi was the WOAT Star wars movie/show I've ever seen. And I knew right from the beginning it would be trash right when Luke threw his lightsaber away and drank green milk from a monster tittie in the first 5 minutes. I was like WTF Ami watching here :mindblown:

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Naw people just want something good. They been trying to force shyt on people and it’s not working. If they come out with a legit non gender swapped X-Men they will make money.

I don’t trust them though because they already fukking up the Fantastic 4 with gender swaps.
Who are they gender swapping in fantastic four?

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody asked for and gave a fukk about those movies.

Disney could’ve spent 100 million on 5 films with a 20 million budget and I guarantee one of those films would become a franchise they’d make billions off.

But they keep playing with the “agenda” and remaking shyt no one is asking for. I’m sure Disney has an unlimited amount of original content they could tap into but they play it safe with these awful releases. I hope their business and brand continues to suffer.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Why are the budgets of these bad movies so bloated? Disney owns the studios, own the special effects company, owns the streaming services, and can distribute their own movies. They should be running a streamlined operation instead of hemmorhaging money.
It costs money to make the type of movies they want. Ford got paid a shyt ton of money, you gotta pay CGI companies a bunch of money...production is expensive. And they want everything done fast fast fast which means $$$. They don't want a less expensive film with more practical effects that takes a long time to complete. They want slop ASAP to throw onto streaming platforms. It's expertly designed to lose money...

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I'm kinda sad about Indy flopping but I think we all knew that the Marvels was gonna be trash. Now that I know Indy flopped I wish they would have brought back Ke Huy Quan to play Short Round one last time. If they're trying to set up a Helena Shaw spin off it won't work without Indiana Jones.