Disney claims putting their movies on streaming day 1 hurt their future box office sales

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Waiting for something to go straight to video has been a thing since like 1985. Maybe make movies that people think are worth that trip for the family and they can make a billion dollars like spiderman or Mario :ohhh:

I mean, Elemental scored a lot higher in reviews than Mario and no one is fukking with it. Spider-Man is about to sell more in its 3rd week at the box office.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Oh thats how he feels? Alright bet. We gonna tank this Elemental shyt again like we did Lightyear :demonic:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
They are right :manny: not just them but other services too. I have to really be hyped to go to the theaters now, my stance is usually “I’ll wait for streaming :manny:

Only movies I’ve seen in theaters since the pandemic:

Spiderman No Way Home
The Batman
Wakanda Forever
Scream 6
Spiderman Across The Spider-Verse

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
that excuse doesn't work anymore at the end of the day people either want to see your movie or don't
I'm still not seeing every movie in theaters and waiting it out. it doesn't matter if it's 45 days or 3 months. some movies just aren't worth it.
if that kid nags hard enough to go see the movie you better believe those parents will take them.
Both Lightyear and Elemental aren't appealing to kids and they have to figure out what's going on with their studio creatively.
and i gotta say it but their latest movies just aren't as good as the old ones. coco is the only great one in a long time imo.
this is like when studios were complaining about rotten tomatoes messing with the box office.
the solution is still the same make movies worth going to:manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that excuse doesn't work anymore at the end of the day people either want to see your movie or don't
I'm still not seeing every movie in theaters and waiting it out. it doesn't matter if it's 45 days or 3 months. some movies just aren't worth it.
if that kid nags hard enough to go see the movie you better believe those parents will take them.
Both Lightyear and Elemental aren't appealing to kids and they have to figure out what's going on with their studio creatively.
this is like when studios were complaining about rotten tomatoes messing with the box office.
the solution is still the same make movies worth going to:manny:

I’m not gonna lie, I do think disney + is the problem

When you’re forced to constantly put content out on a streaming service people feel content just consuming their movies that way. Day 1 streaming titles and fast turn around with theater releases, your kids won’t even notice when new movies come out anymore.

I honestly feel the same way about marvel and Star Wars. They put so much shyt on disney + thats honestly just as good if not better than the movies, im not rushing out to go see the next Star Wars in theaters.

They put out like 3 Guardians of The Galaxy specials on Disney that when I finally watched 3 i had no clue why they were living in that little planet with all these new random characters like Cosmo

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I’m not gonna lie, I do think disney + is the problem

When you’re forced to constantly put content out on a streaming service people feel content just consuming their movies that way. Day 1 streaming titles and fast turn around, your kids won’t even notice when new movies come out anymore.
that's the market now as a whole though
it's been like 1 year since they stopped doing day 1 so the audience should be "trained" to go back to theaters now.
I think it's a different problem.
like why release Elemental alongside the flash as one example