Disgusting: Google knows nearly every Wi-Fi password in the world

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
*This post is completely irrelevant. There's a difference between shyt not being private on the internet, to a company logging, and keeping, your wi-fi passwords. Wi-Fi passwords are not "part" of the internet. You do not come to TheColi.com and provide to your wi-fi password. You do not go to google.com and provide your wi-fi password. Google has no business logging such information, as that's something that's intended purpose is to protect your access to the internet. You would have a point if I had googled "how to keep my wi-fi password "thisismywifipassword" safe from hackers.

When will you ppl realize that THIS. IS. NOT. THE. POINT! It doesn't matter if you're a squeaky clean Christian that has never done a negative thing in your life, or a serial rapist and murderer, you are entitled to your privacy. Companies do not (or should not) have the right to infringe on someone's privacy, and that includes (or again, SHOULD include) something as trivial as your wi-fi password.

*Please note that I had to click the "show ignored content" to see this post, and only did so because ppl were, and wrongly as it turns out, praising the post.

You are using a device that is always connected to their servers. And you know they have access to everything on your phone. If you don't like it don't use smartphones.

Daps
You are using a device that is always connected to their servers. And you know they have access to everything on your phone. If you don't like it don't use smartphones.

:wtf:

Would you be OK with them logging your site passwords? Like, say, your banking passwords?

samtalksradio

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Belle Glade FL
Forza? A wack ass racing game is what ya'll xbots hyping up :dahell:

:camby:with that BS PS4 will easily have games that look better then that trash

racing games:what: nikkas really play them boing ass shyts?

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You did ignore it and still haven't answered the question :dwillhuh:

"....the point is a 3rd party should not"

And they certainly should not be storing it.

No I don't have a problem with it.

And what do you consider a "3rd party"?

Theres an IT dude siting in an office somewhere with access to all your info. In my opinion that random nameless dude is potentially more dangerous than google themselves.

Daps
No I don't have a problem with it.

And what do you consider a "3rd party"?

Theres an IT dude siting in an office somewhere with access to all your info. In my opinion that random nameless dude is potentially more dangerous than google themselves.

When communicating with my bank, or the coli, or my homeboy's wi-fi network....Google is the 3rd party.

This is akin to Toyotya wiretapping every car they sell.
"We can provide better customer service if we listen to our drivers, learn what they love, what they hate and gain an overall better understanding of how they use our cars" :rudy:

Your defense of this is just embarrassing.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I told you cats years ago Google is Cobra/Skynet status.

Fred.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
When communicating with my bank, or the coli, or my homeboy's wi-fi network....Google is the 3rd party.

This is akin to Toyotya wiretapping every car they sell.
"We can provide better customer service if we listen to our drivers, learn what they love, what they hate and gain an overall better understanding of how they use our cars" :rudy:

Your defense of this is just embarrassing.

I'm not defending anything. I'm telling you if you want to take advantage of technology, be ready for what that brings.

Toyota collects data on its drivers as well.

Daps
I'm not defending anything. I'm telling you if you want to take advantage of technology, be ready for what that brings.

Toyota collects data on its drivers as well.

They don't wiretap, which would be crossing the line. Recording passwords is crossing the line. What's so hard to understand about that?