Disgusting: Google knows nearly every Wi-Fi password in the world

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
BTW we will inevitably reach the point in where the internet is openly available to everyone in the states. Whether it be balloons or whatever else they come up with...that is where we are heading.

If you don't want to be tracked, don't talk about it online. Simple as that.

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
339_skynet-5-things-you-didnt-know_flash.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
I find it funny that people think anything they do on the Internet is private.

The Internet is a public domain. Even when used in your own home.

When people start to understand this, these types of stories will be less "shocking"

:leon: look at meach. now only if you used this logic in console wars threads

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
so why is the technically inferior console somehow better. oh wait the cloud :ohhh:

Don't won't to derail the thread so I won't respond to any console stuff after this.

Specs are only one part of what makes a console worthwhile. In fact they are the least important. If we cared so much about specs we would all be PC gamers. The enjoyment we get from consoles has more to do with the games, features, and services, and Xbox has playstation beat hands down.

For example. COD has dedicated servers on Xbox and may be better graphics on ps4, which do you console gamers would choose?

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps

When people start to understand this, these types of stories will be less "shocking"

Exactly. There is no such thing as privacy when it comes to technology. I'm come to terms with it.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland

*This post is completely irrelevant. There's a difference between shyt not being private on the internet, to a company logging, and keeping, your wi-fi passwords. Wi-Fi passwords are not "part" of the internet. You do not come to TheColi.com and provide to your wi-fi password. You do not go to google.com and provide your wi-fi password. Google has no business logging such information, as that's something that's intended purpose is to protect your access to the internet. You would have a point if I had googled "how to keep my wi-fi password "thisismywifipassword" safe from hackers.

I have nothing to hide.
When will you ppl realize that THIS. IS. NOT. THE. POINT! It doesn't matter if you're a squeaky clean Christian that has never done a negative thing in your life, or a serial rapist and murderer, you are entitled to your privacy. Companies do not (or should not) have the right to infringe on someone's privacy, and that includes (or again, SHOULD include) something as trivial as your wi-fi password.

*Please note that I had to click the "show ignored content" to see this post, and only did so because ppl were, and wrongly as it turns out, praising the post.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*This post is completely irrelevant. There's a difference between shyt not being private on the internet, to a company logging, and keeping, your wi-fi passwords. Wi-Fi passwords are not "part" of the internet. You do not come to TheColi.com and provide to your wi-fi password. You do not go to google.com and provide your wi-fi password. Google has no business logging such information, as that's something that's intended purpose is to protect your access to the internet. You would have a point if I had googled "how to keep my wi-fi password "thisismywifipassword" safe from hackers.

When will you ppl realize that THIS. IS. NOT. THE. POINT! It doesn't matter if you're a squeaky clean Christian that has never done a negative thing in your life, or a serial rapist and murderer, you are entitled to your privacy. Companies do not (or should not) have the right to infringe on someone's privacy, and that includes (or again, SHOULD include) something as trivial as your wi-fi password.

*Please note that I had to click the "show ignored content" to see this post, and only did so because ppl were, and wrongly as it turns out, praising the post.

Google said that collecting passwords was a mistake they were only mining wifi locations for mapping but collected other sensitive data by software mistake. It's not like google is sitting back waiting to do something nefarious with it. Google doesn't give a fukk about your passwords let's be honest here.