Disgaea 7 : Vows of The Virtueless (PC, Switch, PS4, PS5) 2023

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I was greatly disappointed in 6, and the protag of this one feels like a recycled design mix of adell and laharl

I'm probably done with the series tbh unless this goes on a massive sale and I'm seriously bored

The protagonist actually just kind of reminds me of the default level 1 samurai lol

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Disgaea as a series fell of like 4 games ago, the brand still has a ton of potential though. They really need a High quality game to jump start things. Kida like how P5 did for persona.
I think this is the NIS business model, they shell these out because there's a safe core audience and it's probably inexpensive to make. They've made a million small scale games on this engine over like 2 decades and has and likely will never do more with it than this.

They don't do big budget pretty much

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the artstyle has got to go back. :hhh:

Why did they even change it in the first place? there's hella indie games that maintained their 2d style. Seems like they just want to pump one out every other year or so smh

Its the only way to continue scaling the games up in the HD era. Those 2d sprites were getting very long in the tooth by 5

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the artstyle has got to go back. :hhh:

Why did they even change it in the first place? there's hella indie games that maintained their 2d style. Seems like they just want to pump one out every other year or so smh
Yeah I can't cosign it at all.
I'll prob cop

Its a mixture and it's what D7 should have stuck with.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Rhapsody is the only NIS game i never really cared to try. I even beat Phantom Brave back in the day

Too girlie for me

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Disgaea as a series fell of like 4 games ago, the brand still has a ton of potential though. They really need a High quality game to jump start things. Kida like how P5 did for persona.
These games have a niche appeal. They're never gonna get a Persona budget. Disgaea 5 was the best one though.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Disgaea is their money maker clearly and probably funds the other projects. The change in art style and 3d models keeps costs down.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Tbh this being a SRPG is probably gonna hurt the series going forward. Also bring Laharl back damn it.