Discussion: Gremlins (1984) / Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990)

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I've done my fair share of discussion threads in the past, but one movie that I hardly ever see referenced around here is Gremlins.

I remember the first time I saw this movie. I was 6 and it might have been the first quasi-horror movie that I ever saw. Nowadays, the first one is one of my favorite movies to watch during Christmas.

Gremlins-fukkery :banderas::

Two little known facts about Gremlins. 1.) It came out the same day as Ghostbusters. What a helluva day to be a kid in 1984. :wow: 2.) It (along with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom) ushered in the PG-13 rating.

Then, fast forward to 1990, Warner Bros, desperate to have something to go against dikk Tracy, gave Joe Dante free reign to do whatever he wanted if he would come back and do another one. Thus, we got a live action Looney Tunes cartoon in Gremlins 2.

If Gremlins was a nice juicy cheeseburger, then Gremlins 2 was a cheeseburger covered in a chocolate fudge sunday. So much fukkery. Brain Gremlin. Bat Gremlin. Spider Gremlin. Vegetable Gremlin. Electric Gremlin. A lot say that it's superior to the original.

I'm such a Gremlins fan, I even got this for my birthday one year:

5oAvB2j.jpg

:win:

Anyway. Thoughts? Like? Dislike? A Critters fan instead?

Discuss.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Gremlins is pure 100% unfiltered fukkery.

Watched the first one a few weeks ago. Them nikkas was in that bar/theater acting a damn fool.

And the theme song, shyt promotes fukkery to the max.

Gremlins. :blessed:

Forgot about that theme

":damn: THERE'S A GREMLIN! THERE'S A GREMLIN! THERE'S A REAL GREMLIN IN MY CAB! :damn: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
First one is a Christmas Classic!

Although I slightly prefer the second one cause all the gremlins got those powers :russ:, the spider and electric ones were my favorite

Plus classic scenes like this:

or the scene when they're in the security room and they're making fun of the don't feed them after midnight stuff or when the Smart Gremlin straight murks one of the stupid ones for being annoying.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
I still love the OG Gremlins, my dad took me to see Gremlims 2 in the theater when I was like 8 the week it came out. I watched it a few years back on HBO Family that jawn was too goofy watching as a grown man :russ: the 1st one still holds up though.