“Discounts Don't Matter...When the Whole Gang Gon' EAT"" Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It's not about assist hunting. IQ is an unwilling passer.

In a starter's role he'd look the same because in a perfect world, he's the guy you're kicking the ball out to. If he was starting alongside, say, Luka, that works because Luka is the PG, or Jokic or Sabonis even.
That’s fine there’s PG’s out there who play on and off the ball and catch kick outs.

IQ=net positive for an offense

He can orchestrate P&R and pushes the ball ahead.

In a starters role he’d look the same? The same what, pretty damn good? :heh:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
That’s fine there’s PG’s out there who play on and off the ball and catch kick outs.

IQ=net positive for an offense

He can orchestrate P&R and pushes the ball ahead.

In a starters role he’d look the same? The same what, pretty damn good? :heh:
Whoever signs him isn’t thinking of using him the same way the Knicks are unless they wanna consider $25+ mil a year to be an overpay.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Thibs is wrong and he was wrong to sub in RJ for any reason at that point in last game.

The first three things that happened was he turned the ball over, bricked a three, and lost Jalen Williams in transition for a three. Whatever “length” he brings doesn’t counter the fact he’s not a strong defender especially off the ball. He’s not a better defender than Quickley.

Also, Murray isn’t even that much bigger than IQ.

Honestly, at this point you think the FO is going to argue with Thibs over anything? Especially his dislike for small ball. I hate to say it but the writing is on the wall.

:francis:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly, at this point you think the FO is going to argue with Thibs over anything? Especially his dislike for small ball. I hate to say it but the writing is on the wall.

:francis:
I think letting Quickley go would be a massive error. That being said, he wants to start and wants to get paid 100+M, there’s no easy route there with the Knicks.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not the biggest fan of having two short guards in the backcourt but can't go against the numbers. Quick in the lineup with Hart at the 3 has the highest net rating in the league. Move RJ to make room to sign IQ in the offseason

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It will forever piss me off if they trade IQ without ever even TRYING him out next to Brunson. I get that it might have size issues, but they should at least make sure because the analytics are CRAZY positive.

That said, it makes sense why he'd be traded. He's the best player-asset; his next contract likely pushes NY over the second luxury tax (and Hartenstein's also due a raise); and the Knicks are overloaded with 6'5 and under wings. Combine him with Fournier and RJ (or Grimes, but preferably RJ) for a big wing that upgrades the starting line-up; and the minutes problems work themselves out. This is all kinda perfect to aggressively pursue OG, except that we're actively suing the Raptors :snoop:

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
This is what I would do

Knicks Trade: IQ, Hart, Grimes, draft compensation

Knicks Get: Dejuante Murray, Deandre Hunter

The trade Makes the Knicks dark horse contenders in 2024 if everyone is healthy and on the low puts pressure on Thibs to coach better because you have no excuses if everyone is healthy. IQ is disgruntled, Fournier is expiring, and Josh Hart is a equally bad contract to Hunter except Hart is healthy.

Starters
Brunson
Murray
Hunter
Randle
Mitch

Bench
DDV
Grimes
RJ
Taj (maybe)
IHart

:hubie: Everyone wants to talk about RJ but Josh Hart will make 18 Mil next year and he is putting up like 8 pts a game.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
This is what I would do

Knicks Trade: IQ, Hart, Grimes, draft compensation

Knicks Get: Dejuante Murray, Deandre Hunter

The trade Makes the Knicks dark horse contenders in 2024 if everyone is healthy and on the low puts pressure on Thibs to coach better because you have no excuses if everyone is healthy. IQ is disgruntled, Fournier is expiring, and Josh Hart is a equally bad contract to Hunter except Hart is healthy.

Starters
Brunson
Murray
Hunter
Randle
Mitch

Bench
DDV
Grimes
RJ
Taj (maybe)
IHart

:hubie: Everyone wants to talk about RJ but Josh Hart will make 18 Mil next year and he is putting up like 8 pts a game.
You think Brunson will be happy with his boy getting traded?

Trade Randle instead.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
That's an average salary across the league

Hart isn't avg 10-15ppg within his role. And scoring wasn't his success when he came over.
This season Hart is averaging 7/6/3 at the same time DDV is making 11 Mil a year to average 10/3/2. When they paid Hart he averaged 10/7/4 and he was playing way better defense.

I’m telling ya’ll if they were smart they would move him now, his contract will never have more value than before it goes up, and he is still off a career year. Especially if they can get a wing for him like Hunter that could potentially move RJ to the bench.

Yeah that is Brunson’s boy but on the low that team I mocked if healthy makes them contenders. He’ll get over it. He got Hart the best contract of his career. Hunter and Murray would fix the starters and DDV, RJ, and Grimes could be a scary bench.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
DeAndre Hunter is a mediocre player who is hurt all the time
Absolutely no interest
Dejounte Murray is not a needle mover
Feels like a lateral move just like it's been for the Hawks

Hoping for Markannen if that's at all a possibility but feel like the Knicks are pretty outgunned if OKC is interested at all (and they should be)

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Some days I'd like for them to give the assets for OG/Pascal and make a run for it. Even without Mitch.

No matter who in front of you. They gotta beat you 4x.