Disco Elysium: The Final Cut (Windows, Mac, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, iOS, Stadia, PS5, PS4)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I liked it a lot, but I really like story heavy rpgs and don’t mind reading. I played a center of the road moralist, but I still split a key with Cuno. Other than that I played as a good guy.

I might play it again as a scum bag, dirty cop and get addicted to drugs an alcohol. I wonder how it would change things up. Some of those “bad cop” dialogue options were crazy.

The first time i played it, i wanted to be an over analytical monk type cop. I tried to play it a second time as brute and it was actually a bit more fun

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Didn’t like the game? Just asking because I am curious.
Imagine you buy a Kindle, you read a single page and try to turn to the next page but a prompt comes out that says “walk around your house 6 times to unlock the next page”, you do that, turn the page, and read through 4 pages before another prompt comes out that says “Choose one: Plant a tree. Throw a rock in the air. Punch yourself in the nuts. Write a poem.” You select one and a prompt appears that’s says “you passed out. You’re quite the moron”. The next page unlocks. You read through it. A prompt appears that says “Would you like to upgrade your speed, strength, our humor?” Now you’re wondering what that has to do with anything but before you can really understand why that would matter another prompt appears that says “congratulations, you’ve finished the story”.

If any of that sounded fun to you you’ll love Disco Elysium.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Imagine you buy a Kindle, you read a single page and try to turn to the next page but a prompt comes out that says “walk around your house 6 times to unlock the next page”, you do that, turn the page, and read through 4 pages before another prompt comes out that says “Choose one: Plant a tree. Throw a rock in the air. Punch yourself in the nuts. Write a poem.” You select one and a prompt appears that’s says “you passed out. You’re quite the moron”. The next page unlocks. You read through it. A prompt appears that says “Would you like to upgrade your speed, strength, our humor?” Now you’re wondering what that has to do with anything but before you can really understand why that would matter another prompt appears that says “congratulations, you’ve finished the story”.

If any of that sounded fun to you you’ll love Disco Elysium.
I enjoyed the game but understand it isn’t for everyone.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Dude really thought this game was a murder mystery game and got super pissed when he found it wasn't. :mjlol:

I can respect that this genre isn’t for everyone, personally it is right up my alley. Love games like this and Planescape Torment and Tides of Numenera. I have heard some people cite they don’t like this because it involves to much reading but hey.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Dude really thought this game was a murder mystery game and got super pissed when he found it wasn't. :mjlol:
Did you even play the game because that’s exactly what it was. A murder mystery game. A terribly executed one. Even as a visual novel which is the most accurate description of this “game” it was boring as hell.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Did you even play the game because that’s exactly what it was. A murder mystery game. A terribly executed one. Even as a visual novel which is the most accurate description of this “game” it was boring as hell.
You never fukked with Grim Fandango?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You never fukked with Grim Fandango?
Never played it. Got it for free through ps+ a long time ago and never had interest in it.
As I understand it, the game gets high praise from the PC crowd.
I'm not against a narrative (only) game. I enjoyed Indigo Prophecy, Detroit, Until Dawn, I think I've beaten just about every tell tale game, Heavy Rain, Blazing Dragons on the Sega Saturn.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Never played it. Got it for free through ps+ a long time ago and never had interest in it.
As I understand it, the game gets high praise from the PC crowd.
I'm not against a narrative (only) game. I enjoyed Indigo Prophecy, Detroit, Until Dawn, I think I've beaten just about every tell tale game, Heavy Rain, Blazing Dragons on the Sega Saturn.
Also I recently downloaded Blacksad which has a very interesting story so far.
Controls are incredibly clunky and loading times are horrendous by today's standards though so I hope the story remains strong enough for me to stick with it.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Just started this bad boy a day ago.

Off rip, bestest skill tree I've seen. The art is beautiful and it's vast as hell.

The skills interjecting like voices is cool asf.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Just started this bad boy a day ago.

Off rip, bestest skill tree I've seen. The art is beautiful and it's vast as hell.

The skills interjecting like voices is cool asf.

The voice acting is insane considering the amount of dialogue. Was worth the wait. I still haven't beat it but I bought it and spent maybe 2/3 hrs before cyberpunk stole my time.

I can't fukking wait to hop into this again. This and pentiment are GOTG in terms of this style of game