Digital purchase on consoles is only beneficial when the game is on sale?

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I have found there is no point in purchasing a game for full price on a digital purchase because after you are done then what? At least with a hard copy you can trade it in or sell it on eBay or some shyt like that. The only reason I would purchase a digital game these games is if it’s on sale and it’s a huge discount.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Digital version is the best version due to updates and BC. I aint gone be putting no PS4 disc in my PS5:birdman:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Digital version is the best version due to updates and BC. I aint gone be putting no PS4 disc in my PS5:birdman:
Sony isn't going to let you play any previous gen game on PS5 without buying it again for a third and fourth time whether you have the disc or not.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I have found there is no point in purchasing a game for full price on a digital purchase because after you are done then what? At least with a hard copy you can trade it in or sell it on eBay or some shyt like that. The only reason I would purchase a digital game these games is if it’s on sale and it’s a huge discount.
LOL, Pretty much. Console video games is probably the only media that I don't really have any interest in owning digital unless the video game is free, it's a ridiculously huge discount, or it's a game (or a version of game) that's only available digitally.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I agree, but luckily there are always big sales for digital games. Sony in particular is great about discounting games, especially with the added savings of PS+. Most of the big titles I have are retail, but I picked up stuff like UFC 2, GGXrd, Infamous Second Son, The Order 1866, etc for really cheap on PSN.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
LOL, Pretty much. Console video games is probably the only media that I don't really have any interest in owning digital unless the video game is free, it's ridiculously huge discount, or it's a game (or a version of game) that's only available digitally.
Took a while to get me to this point but I completely agree. Now I exclusively buy disc on consoles, especially sony consoles.
Best Buy's Gamer Club discount plus trade in makes it more than worth it.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I agree, but luckily there are always big sales for digital games. Sony in particular is great about discounting games, especially with the added savings of PS+. Most of the big titles I have are retail, but I picked up stuff like UFC 2, GGXrd, Infamous Second Son, The Order 1866, etc for really cheap on PSN.
Xbox deals are better consistently but you didn't hear that from me :whistle:

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
That's the reason I always bought NBA 2k on hard disc. I could get something for it later when I was done with it. Now that I'm on PC it's just another game in the library I guess lol.