Digital Foundry: The long rumored “Switch Pro”. was cancelled internally to focus on the successor.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
My kids pulled off the thumb pads of my lil switch lite... Scratched up the screen... Dropped it till the screws came loose to where you can pull it open...but i REFUSE to buy a new switch, i know how Nintendo do...i buy a replacement console and BAM They come out with that NEW shyt...ima play this raggedy switch till the wheels fall off and get the new one

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Honestly does Nintendo really need powerful systems, they not putting out nothing to crazy and I don’t think they fans care for them to release triple A quality Mario Zelda and Metroid games

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I want the new console to play switch games and upscale and optimize the shyt out of them.

It's absolutely ridiculous that you can get a better experience emulating a current gen console than playing it legit

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly does Nintendo really need powerful systems, they not putting out nothing to crazy and I don’t think they fans care for them to release triple A quality Mario Zelda and Metroid games
They don't have to release ground breaking tech, but having something within the scope of current tech makes it so that they can get more games. Having games that are downgraded, 30fps and/or completely skipping the platform is a result of weak hardware. I mean this weak hardware trend started after the Gamecube.

When they released the GC, some of their most critically acclaimed games were on a "powerful" console that was in between the PS2 and Xbox at the time so the "don't need AAA games" argument is moot imo. Nintendo being known for lesser hardware and "gameplay over graphics" is a relatively new thing. The SNES, N64, GC, and their handheld releases all were powerful at the time of release.